Trading untradable cards for untradable cards

Archaic

Okay, so I think we've all been there. In a pack from a free reward, or which we've purchased with boosters, we've got an awesome card that we simply can't use in our own deck. In my case, that's a Darkrai EX FA. At the moment, there's really nothing we can do except leave them in our collections and hope that we eventually find a use for them.

At the same time, we know that we can't let these free cards on the open trading market, since it'd simply lead to people creating fake accounts to farm free boosters for trades.

What I'm wondering though is if it wouldn't be possible to create a system where we could trade these cards with other players, with some restrictions. Namely, making it so these locked cards could only be trades for other locked cards, and that trades of locked cards could only be done like-for-like.

While there might be a concern that people could abuse this system to farm for cards for a deck, I think allowing trading with those restrictions would make this implausible. While someone could certainly do it, given enough time and patience, it'd take less effort to simply trade cards with others. The incentive just wouldn't be there.

Will not happened. I could create an extra account or two, against the rules, to farm untadables and then trade the good ones to my main account and the bad ones the extra account. Two easy to do and yes people would do it.

Will not happened. I could create an extra account or two, against the rules, to farm untadables and then trade the good ones to my main account and the bad ones the extra account. Two easy to do and yes people would do it.

This kind of activity would however be incredibly obvious. A group of accounts that all share the same cluster of IP's, aren't ever logged in at the same time (or if they are, are logged in from the same IP), and where the non-hub accounts only ever do the trainer challenge (the most efficient way to get quick extra packs) before being dumped and replaced by another new account? That's the kind of thing which could be detected by scripts automatically. You'd see some people try, but there's always going to be people trying to scam the system. But the fact that people would get better returns just by playing games on expert and losing would remove most of the incentive, making that issue here fairly minor.

You are basically saying to them to work more and get less profit.

Because they would give free stuff and then look for those who farm it.

Doesn't make much sense to me.

Hey trainers,

I'll let the Dev team know about this suggestion and leave your thread open in the meantime.

As always, we appreciate your input!

yea makes an awfully large amount of work. Not to mention if you had a whole family playing the same game with an account for each family member they'd all be banned.

They wouldn't have to actively look for farmers at all. That would be a largely automated process which would identify potential farmers via their behavioural patterns.

As for "less profit"...it would have a minimal effect on things like card sales, due to like-for-like trading restrictions.

yea makes an awfully large amount of work. Not to mention if you had a whole family playing the same game with an account for each family member they'd all be banned.

I highly doubt a family would get banned. While a family might commonly trade cards between each other, they'd also be playing their own individual games. The patterns of activity on their account would be very different to that expected from a farmer.

Not sure that all the work required for this would be worth the effort. It may be simple to say but much harder to implement. Devil is in the details.

Archived