Would there ever be a special anniversity edition of the original

Adventurer18

Has anybody thought of makin a anniversity edition of the original card game set, cause this yr is the 15th yr of the original card set?! It would be awesome 2 have the set, theme decks, and booster packs renewed 4 the online game client! I know if it was done I would buy it! My idea:

Base Set 1

Jungle

Fossil

Base Set 2

Team Rocket

Gym Heroes/Challenge

Thme Decks, and Booster Packs 4 each set!

I believe it would be a great idea and I know alot of ppl would buy them!

Hey ADVENTURER18

Thanks for the suggestion! The team loves hearing ideas from players so I'll pass this info along for review. I'll leave the thread open for discussion with other players in the meantime.

There's a small problem though - compare Base Set one's Charizard, to B/W's Blaziken. This was a card that was arguably the best in Base Set 1, certainly the most desired. It had the highest HP at the time at 120 HP, and one of the highest attack values at 100 damage. Now look at Blaziken, easily available to everyone after 7 or 8 matches in trainer challenge. 140 HP, with a 40 plus a burn or 30 damage, or a 130 damage attack. It doesn't take a genius to work out that the once mighty all conquering Charizard is comprehensively crushed, blasted by the same blazing power it once destroyed all others with. And this is the best card in Base Set 1!! It's a fairer story for the current B/W's Boundary's Crossed Charizard, as it has 160 HP, an attack that damages 2 pokemon for 40 damage or 150 damage from scorching fire, an attack that only discards one fire energy compared to BS1's 2 energies. That all said, from a collector's perspective, it's a must to have the old cards back.

Having a retro- cards section would be awesome and i would sure love to play with it.

but tbh i havent got high hopes since that doesnt make the company any money and it would cost a lot of time. (and money)

Having a retro- cards section would be awesome and i would sure love to play with it.

but tbh i havent got high hopes since that doesnt make the company any money and it would cost a lot of time. (and money)

very good point

There's more than enough in it to cover costs, online make it buyable with gems (once they're up and running) and in real world in cards, just like they do for the current card sets.

No idea when they'll be out, and at the moment it is several multiples of what the same pack costs on the likes of ****. Admittedly, that's because overpricing an item and limiting it to a single country is the easiest way to control the number of people buying an item while you make sure it works properly...

'Course it'll come down in price, they are just testing it through the system currently, ensuring buyer loads can be dealt with by the infrastructure. (because if X thousand people buy gems on release simultaneously and crash the system it's not going to look good...) They'll have to bring them down to about 50 cents (or equivalent) because that's the market rates.

hey guys all good points but here's how i see it wouldnt u luv 2 have the original cards that made this such a successful game back in online formats where u could relive ur childhood memories? And i could see them make money off this idea just like there able 2 with the current stuff! I original thought since 98 when this game was released in america its been 15 yrs of nothin but success how bout celebratin it with the old cards in online game format?!

When I found this game I was looking for a game where I could play with the original cards. It would be nice the release of the original set. With that done, the game sould have at least 3 formats. classic, current and a mixed mode (or at least classic and current).

Archived