Theme Deck Trade

Flaviux

Hey there. Basically I want be able to collect some old theme decks like Daybreak or Toxic Tricks.

By now there should be none unopened old theme decks, so now it should be quite difficult to acquire one.

So my suggestion is to make everything that comes from theme decks that are redeemed from codes, tradable. And as soon as you reunite: the exact 60 cards + the deck box, the deck is automatically made available in the theme deck list and Trainer Challenge.

Or have an interface to manage your theme decks, that will allow you to select a deck box and see its deck list and if you have reunited everything, you can click and make it available in the theme deck list and Trainer Challenge.

Please tell me what you think about these ideas, I would love to hear your opinion.

that's actually what I want they should give you a sign if you have the exact same as a deck and you could have that deck if u wanted and click on a button for it to work

Hi Flaviux,

I'll be escalating this to the Dev team for review. In the meantime, I'll leave this thread open for discussion.

As always, we appreciate your input!

Love the addition of new theme decks to the Trainer Challenge!

Basic Yellow, Basic Orange, Power Relay, Rallying Cry are great!

Thank you so much!

Basic Yellow is a theme deck that predominantly focuses on Lightning-type Pokémon.

The deck is composed of cards from various expansions in the HeartGold & SoulSilver Series, these cards include Ampharos, Lanturn and Togekiss which its non-holographic version is exclusive to this deck.

• 4 weeks later...

Well at the start i confused a little about it but it seem like that dev team or someone else discover a bug when basic orange and yellow was available for trainer challenge so on this update they decide to remove these deck themes for trainer challenge!! If they fix this bug perhaps on the next future updates decide to add again these deck themes!! Well guys to tell you the truth actually pokemon online tcg is a business project that mean the original reason dev team make this game is to give users the opportunity to use the cards users already buy from the store on online servers!! At this moment not only you are able to use the cards you already buy from the store on online servers with the redeem codes but also the same the game give you the opportunity to unlock free cards without giving original money!! So actually the original reason i disappointed when dev team remove something from this game is that with this way the game began actually to unfair for new users!!

I too believe this would be a great Idea and I second the ability to close a deck again once opened for later trade too if possible. Sara, what glitch was encountered with Basic orange and yellow, can you please tell us?

Well the hard truth is that dev team never wanted and never planned to add these 2 theme decks on trainer challenge anyway: Here the official post: Basic Yellow and Basic Orange were never intended to be available in Trainer Challenge. A bug with the 1.13 game update allowed them to be accessed. The bug was fixed with the 1.14 game update.

I like the idea of closing a deck once opened for later trade, it would be the optimal solution.

The only problem I can think about is for the theme decks that have random coins.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard the developers are replacing the HGSS cards from the Basic theme decks to BW cards. That could be related to all the ruckus I notice from this thread.

I heard the developers are replacing the HGSS cards from the Basic theme decks to BW cards. That could be related to all the ruckus I notice from this thread.

Yes, The Basic theme decks were replaced by the BW Basic theme decks and the new players won't have the opportunity to collect them because they are not tradable.

But at least they were available to everyone during some time.

The new players will at least be able to collect unopened tradable theme decks.

And that would be even better if they were able to collect decks that were already opened.

Archived