Broken Basic Orange

Vorpike

We've all played, played against and got annoying at the Basic Orange deck, it's reliant on fighting energy only and it's pretty much gg once they get Throh out. He just insta-kills your Pokemon, giving you a desperate scramble for energy and Pokemon with more hp...which is only possible by getting Cheren..etc. to match the pace of getting your Pokemon knocked out. And you can get rid of Throh, nope, built in Switch, let's get more prize cards by knocking out our other Pokemon first. On top of that, while Throh's beating you up, you have a meatshield to build up your Stage 2s, and fully equip them with energy. Let's say you were lucky or they were really unlucky, then they just use the most annoying card in the whole game, N, and erases your whole hand, replacing with less the better you're doing...it's like the better you're doing, the less benefits you have, but not the other guy if he's doing better. So you're in constant fear of having crucial cards in your hand removed, and play Pokemon ASAP, this leaves you vulnerable to Throh's switch and the trainer card Pokemon Catcher, also, you want to save unneeded Pokemon in your hand for Pokemon Communicator...etc. It's the circle of death and death. So basically, I never get to try the decks I unlocked in Trainer's Challenge in PvP (esp. Power Relay, since all the Pokemon's weaknesses are fighting), I tried to use psychic decks (Mind Wipe's good, because it includes grass type Pokemon that counter the lobster Pokemon, but because it's drawing deck, it, once again, gets owned by N), but weakness doesn't do anything because of the deck's Switches and Pokemon Catcher, and of course, Throh, combined with the fact each fighting Pokemon has a different weakness, so they can just defend with a Pokemon that's not weak towards your Pokemon.

Basically, Basic Orange totally ruins the game, and worst of all, it's the starter deck...Pokemon should either remove it for remove N and/or throh. Other decks should also be balanced and have Switch (I find it stupid that decks with huge retreat costs, such as Explosive Edge, don't have it). Seriously, who makes these theme decks? They're always filled with useless cards used as fillers (except, you guessed it...basic Orange). Coming from other trading card games, such as Yu-Gi-Oh and Magic, there are many exploits, such as deck thinning (like using search cards whenever you draw them, so having 4 energy searches is like having a deck of 56 cards, giving you a higher chance of drawing the card you need), but they're banned, only it an amateur game (I say this because Pokemon original not a TCG) like Pokemon would be ignorant of this.

if you can't even deal with Throh from basic orange there are worse things to come..........

yes that's exactly what N was designed to do.

WHAT!!!! People aren't as rich as you and can just buy packs, Basic Orange should stay in the game. This is pretty good for starting off players, this deck isn't broken at all, you just want the people who don't buy booster boxes and code cards everyday to get anything. The starter decks are meh but basic orange is actually something good. What is so broken about it? What is broken are these Darkrai HypnoVirbank setups, THAT IS WHAT SHOULD BE BANNED!!! Not basic orange, no, just NO. and I agree with ChronoPhysicist. Players can actually have good cards in this deck, also these cards aren't rare so what are you whining about? Also N has the potential of helping your opponent by the way if you didn't know.

All deck themes on Pokemon tcg are not broken ones and have a perfect balance power!! Personal for me only decks with Ex cards are the broken ones and for that reason lately i prefer to play only expert theme deck pvp!! Thanks the god guys slow slow start to release that there is a pvp mode without ex cards but still the little problem that this mode not give you the opportunity to make your own deck remain!!

Archived