Fix. The. Cointoss.

NotoriousBAG

The cointoss is not 50/50. I don't know what formula you have it set up us, but please make it 50/50, I don't see why it isn't already. I have streaks of 6 tails in a row more often than "likely." Please fix this.

The problem is, even though there is only two choices on coins (heads or tails) and should average out to a fifty/fifty split based on probability, coins don't flip that evenly in real life no matter how many times you flip them. Every coin flip is separate from the previous one you have a one in two chance of getting a heads and the same amount for getting tails

You can not just control the coin and say oh I got a tails last time now give me a heads to keep it even that's not how it works.

If you don't like what you are flipping then just don't rely on attacks that require luck to do anything good.

TC is definitely right (though for AI games only). When playing on the highest difficulty, the coin flips are quite clearly rigged. This phenomenon is not seen at the lowest 2 difficulties (no idea about the 3d difficulty, though).

At least the "First throw after daily connect will be heads" got fixes. But yes, there's better statistics for tails, so I think they need to update the random table. (This has to deal with the way "random" functions, as there are no randomness in a computer). I know that they might fear exploration, but they should try to make it random based on milliseconds, and then make a random table with 50 heads/tails fixed pr. 100 ms. Then use the amount of milliseconds to determine it. This should make the random table more even, without forcing like max three in a row.

Hi folks,

I hate to disappoint you but the coin is balanced and fine. There is no weighting and there is no bias, not even based on difficulty setting in the TC. We audit the coin flips every month. There are millions of games being played each month with 10s of millions of coin flips and yes, they do come out to 50/50. I know it can seem otherwise, however this is due to perception and small sample size.

Thanks for the feedback and we do take the randomness of our coin flips very seriously.

Prof_Warrax

Archived