Water Deck help

Pikamew11

Hello, I am interested in building a water deck and am looking for friendly advice and suggestions on which cards I should use. I know Blastoise and Keldeo are good cards, but more specifically, what trainer and supporter cards would work best in the deck?

I don't run Cilan in mine but it makes sense.

superior energy retrieval and everygy search are more useful if u run Black Kyurem EX, if not maybe normal retrieval is good enough

rare candy is an obvious one

some ultra balls to get Keldeo or blastoise, can discard energy and retrieve them

max potion is a possibility as well if u run the right retrievals

need at least 2 tool scrapper +/- dowsing as a third in case of Garbodor

need need some stadium counter, ideally beach but if not pokemon center is quite useful for bench snipers like Kyurem, Genesect EX and Darkrai EX

Catchers should be a staple

Float stones for Keldeo

bianca and bicycle are worth considering as well

Cool! It sounds like there is a lot of trainer options here! Also, I understand Juniper causes you to discard your hand in exchange for a new one. how would one deal with the sacrifice of vital cards with her being played in the deck? is she a worthwhile card in Blastiose/Keldeo decks?

it all depends on how you use jupiter.

If she's your last card and you can still use her, that's the ideal situation as you get seven cards however if you're got vital cards (like one blastoise) I suggest super rod as a back up to get pokemon that you threw away out of the discard pile.

I recommend placing multiples of the same card (Most run lines of 4-2-4 with up to four rare candies so that if any blastoises are discarded or prized you still have others to choose from)

Also you may want to think about adding Outrage Kyurem EX not only is it a good brick wall (with a threatening outrage for two of any energy so that opponents are scared to damage it forcing them to try and one shot KO it) It also doesn't have a grass weakness, which both Blastoise and Keldeo have, and a powerful 150 damage attack at the cost of 2 water energies being discarded (which can be easily restored thanks to energy retrieval and deluge)

If you want to be retro, you could throw in two Hydro Launcher Blastoise (from HGSS series) their wash out pokepower moves water energy to your active pokemon and their hydro launcher is a great 100 sniper attack (but due to it being cycled out, you may not have access to it. It used to be in the basic blue deck)

there are situations where discarding a whole hand may not be ideal, that's wheere strategy and skill come in, need to know what you can afford to discard and what you can't, also need to take into consideration what stuff can still be retrieved and what cannot.

At 1st glance it seems like a high risk card. but after thinking about it, I can see how well Juniper can be when faced with N shuffles the opponent throws your way. example: you're in the lead with prizes and the opponent pulls an N on you, forcing you into 2 cards maybe. So with some luck one of them is a juniper card. but that's just an example. LOL

Maybe I could add my plasma Kyurem to the deck. I understand it’s 120 damage attack forces it to not attack next turn but keldeo ex with it’s rush in can fix that!

The downside is I would need a floatstone on kyurem and I would not doubt it that many people make good use of tool scrapper.

Also, is Kyurem NVI still a worthwhile card to be played?

if you have enough energy retrievals its actually not a big deal to just retreat by discarding energy and reattaching them with retrieval and blastoise

also if u were gonna use float stone its probs a better idea to put it on keldeo

Also, I think I got a good deck build down.

Pokemon : 12

4-1-3 Blastoise

2 Keldeo ex

1 Kyurem NVI

1 Suicune PLB

15 energy

Supports: 14

4 Junpier

4 N

2 Skyla

4 Cheren

Items: 19

1 Comp. Search

4 Ultra

4 Catcher

2 S. Rod

2 Retrieval

4 R. Candy

2 Level Ball

I don't think Kyurem NVI is worth using now because I don't seen much people use it and Mr Mime would block all of the benched damage. I think 2 Keldeo EX is a little bit too less, incase 1 of them is prized, I think putting 3 Keldeo EX is better. Dowsing Machine might be optional instead of Comp. Search, but it depends what you prefer.

ok, a 3rd keldeo sounds good then. I can remove the kyurem for it. Dowsing sounds nice, but I don't have one. :/ and it took a long time before I found my comp. search card. I found it in a boundaries crossed booster pack. Should I replace my Suicune with something better? or can it see some use here?

need some stadiums,preferably 3, Tropical beach is ideal but expensive although anything will do just to protect you from Frozen City.

Archived