Kyogre deck ideas?

Andyrobbo22

I made a thread about a week ago because I was interested to know if you guys could find a way to make Serpierier even slightly competitive and the response was awesome. So now I thought id test you all out again, to see who can come up with the best idea for a kyogre ex deck. The more unique or interesting the better. ANY IDEAS???

kyogre is a lot harder I'll say that

I used to run something with kyore and wailord. idea was to use smash turn to hit early and then switch to wailord to absorb dmg. wailord 's 200 damamge allows him to soak up heaps of damage and because he's jsut a tank he doesn't get energy which makes him ideal for max potion. and a float stone to make sure u can retreat back into kyogre to smash turn repeatedly and make your opponent hit wailord. Obviously catcher and tool scrapper can really wreck the whole plan and smash turn itself isn't that good an attack to start with so its nowhere near competitive. at least if u do get catchered kyogre has a lot of hp as well so he's not completely helpless. and if your opponent's not set up properly u can keep a energyless pokemon in the defending position and snipe the bench away.

reason i don't play it anymore is because tool scrapper and catchers really weaken the deck. the solution I thought of was to use togekiss with aspertia city gym to replace wailord. pros for that is that it protect you from catcher/laser/scrapper and you have a gym counter, cons is that u need to set up a stage 2 and the total hp isn't as high as wailord even with aspertia

that's the best idea I've got for kyogre. still unlikely to work very well I think.

I recently was discussing kyorgre with someone. Its real strength is its attack dual splash. It does 50 damage to any 2 pokemon you want. So basically 100 damage in one attack and you can completely avoid the active if you want. So what you could do is just catcher stall a pokemon with a heavy retreat cost and expensive attacks or basically just support, and attack around it. Then use Dusknoir to move around damage after a few turns to KO things.

Now ideally you have more to attack with than just kyogre ex. You could try something like Kingdra/Kyogre/Dusknoir. The basic plan is to just have tons of spread damage everywhere and then Dusknoir to finish the game. You could also replace Kingdra with Kyurem and do 30-30 and the occasional 120 with just a basic pokemon, less set up required.

Back when Blastoise/Keldeo was running around everywhere, I made a deck using Keldeo EX, Kyogre EX, washout Blastoise, and the 2 non-ex kyurems. It wasn't top tier, but it was definitely fun to play.

Kyogre and Blastoise are searchable via heavy ball, while Squirtle is level Ball searchable.

So, maybe… between wash out blastoise,deluge blastoise, kyogre ex, and max potions; you could play a sort of switch out staller deck that spreads a lot of damage everywhere.

I’m not sure of what else should be played here but the idea of a stall out water deck sounds fun!

Archived