Challenge Tournament (odd challenges)

KarpGrinder

Greetings TCGO,

I've seen many people starting tournaments on this forum, and I've decided to start a Challenge type tournament 'league'.

Tournaments will have themes to separate them from other tournaments.

Tournament #1 (date TBD): Common Card Challenge. (modified)

The theme for this tournament is simple - you may only use common cards that are within the modified format.

No rares/promos/etc. Best of 3 games moves onto the next round (may change to single elimination for starting rounds if very many players are registered)

I'l be sponsoring this tournament and providing PB packs for prizes (I will not be participating, per 'wager' rules of the ToS). The number of packs up for grabs will vary depending on the number of players that participate.

To Register:

1. Your player name

2. Days you'd prefer to have the tournament (optional)

3. Emailed Deck list ( PTCGO.challenge @gmail.com )

Deck lists will be published after round 1, deck changes will not be permitted during the tournament.

After a win send a screenshot of the "You won the match" screen (with your name and opponents name visible) to the above email.

(Registration Table Coming Soon)

I'm also open to ideas for other types of themed tournaments - and looking for sponsors of these tournaments. Feel free to post ideas/sponsorship offers here or email them to the above email address.

Thanks

-KarpGrinder

my name is hazmah I would like it on Saturday cos of lack of work and more free time and I will get back with you with decklist cos I need to create this odd tourney deck

are we allowed to use uncommon and/or rare

items/supporters/stadiums/tools?

Negative, only commons. I want this to be more novice friendly and less stressful than typical tournaments.

i would like to play i i dont have class Tuesdays, Thurdays, Sundays and i only have 1 class Staurday morning so i could be on Saturday afternoon. i also have one suggestion i dont think it could be done well with all commons most supporters are uncommon. just a suggestion, i think the decks could be made easier and not too over powered if we were limited to common/uncommon

I would be amenable to accept uncommons (for trainers ONLY) with select exceptions. please post possible Overpowered Trainers (i.e. Hypnotoxic laser). This tournament is intended for equality for novice players.

Thank you all for input.

Ok, here's what a came up with for what is considered to be "OP"

Hypnotoxic laser, Virbank Gym, Enhanced Hammer(doesn't matter though since all special energies are uncommon) Dark patch, float stone, Frozen city (not sure if there are common plasma's) N, Pokemon Catcher, Silver Bangle

Now can't say i agree with not allowing all of these cards. I understand this is for beginners, just without some of these cards it takes the fun out of the game. I say we can take out laser, virbank, N and catcher. it will still leave some things but removes game changing cards

if there is anything i'm overlooking please let me know.

Also, I think a fun idea for a tournament would allow all rarity's, but we only 1 type. For example, you could play a psychic deck but you will have to choose between Psychic, Ghost or Poison. Same goes for all other types and any pokemon that may be mixed (sableye) i have no problem allowing them in either deck they belong to. If anyone feels there may be a few cards too "Overpowered" then we can remove said cards from the tournament. let me know if anyone thinks this would be a fun idea

I'd love to join this tournament, let me know if there is still an open spot for me ;) I don't really care on what day the thing is held. but about the screen shot thing, is that really necessary? can't we just keep that as a back up if someone decides to lie about it :)?

did we ever reach a consensus on what (if any) uncommons are allowed, and which are not?

Or is the original set of rules still in effect-i.e. just commons across the board.

Archived