Matthew's "The Championship Season":

matthew69

The Championship Season:

Introduction:

Ladies and Gentleman I wish to provide a warm welcome to all of you here at the “The Championship Season” home page. This thread aims to connect the ever popular real life Pokemon TCG tournaments to the Online Pokemon TCG tournaments.

In order to do this I am launching a Pokemon Championship season based on the tournament formats that we use in real life.

As such there will be a number of tournaments and events throughout the season each offering differing amounts of Championship Points, Play Points and prizes with those people who finish well consistently receiving extra Championship Points towards an invite to my exclusive World Championships tournament that I will be hosting.

Although this tournament structure of Championship Points and Play Points might sound confusing it will all be explained in great detail through-out the thread, and if you are still unsure feel free to send me a Personal Message in game or on the Forums asking me about whatever, I will be happy to help!

How it will work:

Championship Points:

The idea of Championship Points in real life is to reward people for doing well at tournaments with the largest rewards going towards those who win, but smaller rewards also going to those who make the Top 4, or even those below that if the tournament attendance is large enough.

I have decided that for the Online game I wanted to alter the Championship Points a little bit in order to make tournaments more rewarding for winners, and make some of the tournaments worth a little bit more, as we will have less tournaments here than in real life.

In order to make it easier for people to get Championship Points we will sometimes have two tournaments going on at once, although this won’t be for larger tournaments such as Regionals this will sometimes be the case for smaller tournaments such as Battle Roads and Cities if we get enough attendants.

If we do decide to run multiple tournaments at once it means that no one is allowed to enter more than one tournament at one time.

1 Championship Point will be awarded to all tournament entrants on top of the other Points people achieve.

Below are the lists of Championship Points which will be awarded at each different tournament:

Battle Roads:

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500, align: center]

Placement

3-4

[/TABLE]

Cities Championship:

Placement

3-4

[/TABLE]

Regional Championships:

Placement

3-4

[/TABLE]

National Championships:

Placement

3-4

5-8

[/TABLE]

Play Points:

As with the real life game Play Points are awarded for each tournament people enter, the person with the most Play Points (other than me of course) will receive an extra reward as an achievement for attending the most tournaments.

Play Points are also of quintessential importance for those who wish to enter the National Championships. As there are no Leagues or Pre-releases online I will lower the amount needed to gain qualification from 10 points to 5 points to allow more people to gain qualification.

As with real life National Championships have the most Championship Points on offer as well as a multitude of large and exciting rewards for success so racking up those Play Points is important as it takes off the pressure of the last chance qualifier.

Below are the lists of Play Points which will be awarded at each different tournament:

Battle Roads:

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 200, align: center]

[/TABLE]

Cities Championship:

[/TABLE]

Regionals Championship:

[/TABLE]

National Championship:

[/TABLE]

Tournament Structure:

It should be noted that as I am from the United Kingdom we have no State/Province/Territory tournaments over here anymore so this online season will match that of the real life game over here in the United Kingdom with just Battle Roads, Cities, Regionals, Nationals and Worlds.

As with the real life game we will start the season with our Autumn Battle Roads, follow with Fall Regionals, continue with Winter Cities and then finish with Spring Battle Roads and Regionals. I do acknowledge that Battle Roads no longer exist in real life, however as we already started last season with a couple of Battle Roads we will be keeping them for this online tournament season.

The format of each tournament will vary somewhat between tournaments, but every tournament will have several Swiss rounds (the number of which depending on the number of entrants) and then a Top Cut of straight knock-out games between the top finishers during Swiss rounds (between the Top 2 and the Top 8 dependent again on the number of entrants).

All games will be best of three games apart from the final which will now be hosted in a best of 5 format. Unlike real life deck changes will be allowed in between rounds but not in-between single games. Further details on rules are available in the post below.

The Format Rules:

> The format for all of the tournaments will be Modified and will match the real life tournament legal format [at the moment NXD-Onwards].

> All matches in all tournament apart from the final will be best of 3 to prevent luck becoming too dominating a factor in the games.

> The final will be in best of 5 format.

> Deck changes will be allowed in between each round but not in between each single game.

> All cards with bugs that are advantageous to the user most of the time are banned, and all others are not recommended (please ask if unsure on card bugs).

> People caught cheating on purpose in matches will receive a permanent ban from all future tournaments held by me. People who lie about their results will receive the same punishment.

> If someone’s internet disconnects within the first two turns (per person) and no cards have been knocked-out the match will be re-started.

> If someone’s internet disconnects and that person has a lead of two Prizes or more then that match will be re-started (exception being if that person is about to deck-out or would probably lose the game in some other way).

> Other than that it is at the opponents discretion as to whether to re-match or not.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Current Standings:

Position

Name

Total Championship Points

Total Play Points

Win Ratio

1st Place

Matthew69

32 CP

2 PP

75 % [6-2]

2nd Place

AlexManetric

26 CP

1 PP

80 % [4-1]

3rd Place

Zebrus

26 CP

1 PP

80 % [4-1]

4th Place

Balrogslo

21 CP

1 PP

80 % [4-1]

5th Place

SBYoungMoney

21 CP

1 PP

60 % [3-2]

6th Place

Kfisherman

16 CP

1 PP

50 % [2-2]

7th Place

Sourkrai

16 CP

1 PP

50 % [2-2]

8th Place

CuttingEdge123

1 CP

1 PP

33% [1-2]

9th Place

ESCGoat

1 CP

1 PP

33% [1-2]

10th Place

Luigi_M1

1 CP

1 PP

33% [1-2]

11th Place

Supernova51D

1 CP

1 PP

33% [1-2]

12th Place

Wowowiwo

1 CP

1 PP

33% [1-2]

13th Place

Yoing

1 CP

1 PP

33% [1-2]

14th Place

Billsioso

1 CP

1 PP

00% [0-3]

15th Place

CrazyPenguin123

1 CP

1 PP

00% [0-3]

16th Place

Haikukaru

1 CP

1 PP

00% [0-3]

17th Place

Kogoliger

1 CP

1 PP

00% [0-3]

18th Place

Parpirate

1 CP

1 PP

00% [0-3]

19th Place

Stormthras

1 CP

1 PP

00% [0-3]

[/Table]

Signup Sheets:

Battle Road 1: [COMPLETE]

Name

Overall match record

Overall game record

1. Zebrus

4-1

8-4

2. SBYoungMoney

3-2

8-5

3. Matthew69

3-1

7-4

4. Kfisherman

2-2

6-6

5. Wowowiwo

1-1

3-3

6. Cuttingedge007

1-2

3-5

7. Luigi_M1

1-2

3-5

8. Kogoliger

0-3

0-6

9. Stormthras

0-3

0-6

10. Bilsioso

0-3

0-6

[/TD]

[/TABLE]

Battle Road 2:[COMPLETE]

Name

Overall match record

Overall game record

1. AlexManetric

4-1

8-3

2. Balrogslo

4-1

8-4

3. Matthew69

3-1

7-2

4. Sourkrai

2-2

6-5

5. ESCGoat

1-2

3-4

6. Supernova51D

1-2

2-4

7. Yoing

1-2

2-4

8. CPenguin123

0-3

0-6

9. Haikukaru

0-1

0-2

10. Parpirate

0-1

0-2

[/TABLE]

Regional Championship 1: [sIGN-UPS OPEN]:

Name

Overall Match Record

Overall Game Record

Matthew69

VictiniCup

Gsingh

Keybrdkid09

Durrantula

Pany87

RayquazaDragon9

KnucklesJess

EDude676

Cresando

Freespirit87

BlueSanity

CrazyPenguin321

Aloeb

RolfEddyBoy

Grizzlych

SBYoungMoney

Hazmah

Supernova51D

Murray28

MTBrooks22

Virrux

[TD]

[/TABLE]

All of the events will be first come first served. If the deadline is missed please ask to be signed up to the next tournament. No one person (other than me because I am the host of the tournament) can be signed up to both tournaments at once. Larger tournaments have a different format because there is just one tournament going on at a time.

Pairings:

Battle Road 1: Round 1-Pairings: [COMPLETE]

Table Number

Names of opponents

Game score

Cuttingedge007 Versus SBYoungMoney

2-1

Kfisherman Versus Kogoliger

2-1

Luigi_M1 Versus Matthew69

1-2

Stormthrash Versus Wowowiwo

1-2

Bilsioso Versus Zebrus

0-2

[/TABLE]

Battle Road 1: Round 2-Pairings: [COMPLETE]

Table Number

Names of opponents

Game score

Cuttingedge007 Versus Zebrus

0-2

Matthew69 Versus Wowowiwo

2-1

Kfisherman Versus Luigi_M1

1-2

Kogoliger Versus SBYoungMoney

1-2

Bilsioso Versus Stormthras

Dropped

[/TD]

[/TABLE]

Battle Road 1: Round 3-Pairings: [COMPLETE]

Table Number

Names of opponents

Game score

Matthew69 Versus Zebrus

2-0

Luigi_M1 Versus SBYoungMoney

0-2

Cuttingedge007 Versus Kfisherman

1-2

Kogoliger Versus Wowowiwo

Dropped

[/TABLE]

Battle Road 1: Top 4-Pairings:[COMPLETE]

Table Number

Names of opponent's

Game score

Matthew69 Versus SBYoungMoney

1-2

Zebrush Versus KFisherman

2-1

[/TABLE]

Battle Road 1: Top 2-Pairings[COMPLETE]

Table Number

Names of opponents

Game score

SBYoungMoney Versus Zebrus

1-2

[/TABLE]

Battle Road 2: Round 1-Pairings: [COMPLETE]

Table number

Names of opponents

Game score

AlexManectric Versus ParPirate

2-0

Balroglslo Versus ESCGoat

2-0

Haikukaru Versus Yoing

0-2

CPenguin versus Matthew69

0-2

Sourkrai Versus Supernova51D

2-0

[/TABLE]

Battle Road 2: Round 2-Pairings: [COMPLETE]

Table number

Names of opponents

Game score

AlexManectric Versus Yoing

2-0

Balroglso Versus Sourkrai

2-1

Matthew69 Versus Supernova51D

2-0

CPenguin123 Versus ESCGoat

0-2

Haikukaru Versus ParPirate

Dropped

[/TABLE]

Battle Road 2:Round 3-Pairings: [COMPLETE]

Table Number

Names of opponents

Game score

AlexManectric Versus Matthew69

0-2

Balrogslo Versus Yoing

2-0

ESCGoat Versus Soukrai

1-2

CPenguin123 Versus Supernova51D

0-2

[/TABLE]

Battle Road 2:Top 4-Pairings: [COMPLETE]

Table Number

Names of opponents

Game score

AlexManectric Versus Matthew69

2-1

Balrogslo Versus Sourkrai

2-1

[/TABLE]

Battle Road 2:Top 2-Pairings: [COMPLETE]

Table Number

Names of opponents

Game score

AlexManectric Versus Balrogslo

2-0

[TD]

[/TABLE]

I'm sorry, but i am kind of new to this, and i didnt really understand the above.

It would be great if you could meet me in-game sometime..i would like to participate, but only if i am clear on what i am gettig myself in :)

Is there some sort of guideline we need to follow when signing up? or do we just tell you we want to sign up? Because I'd like to sign up for the regionals

I'm online now and for the next few hours (apart from when I am eating dinner) so just PM me questions. There are no caps on the number of people who can enter a Regional Championship so I can add you all. As for signing up you just need to tell me you want to sign up, you can change decks in between rounds so there isn't any need to post which deck you are using etc.

Ideally I would like to get things rolling sometime this week-end but if not enough people have signed up then I will probably extend that time, the thread is still under maintenance as well when I get time to start sorting it all out. I haven't mentioned the prizes so far as most of the best prizes will come at Nationals/Worlds and the overall Championship leaderboard.

Having said that there are still reasonable prizes on offer for each singular tournament depending on its size. Prizes will only be available to the top 2 though (although for Nats/Worlds/overall prizes will be available for the top 4/8 dependant on size). Prizes for Regionals will probably be 6 packs for the winner and 3 packs for second place. Packs will be a mixture of PLB, PLF and PLS packs (also BCR/ DRX/ DEX/ NXD) packs if you want them instead.

All of this will be explained in greater detail as I update the thread further though, but if you have any pressing questions feel free to PM me in game, I am currently in Lobby 4.

I don't get this do you play online or in real life

Online, the tournaments are pretty much the same as any regular PTCGO tournament that other people hold but modelled in the format of the real life tournament season.

Archived