[CLIENT] General - Game crashed, send report file to developer

TimmeH8

Hi

I recently started playing PTCO and found it pretty fun.

However, when i try to play the game on my own laptop the game keeps crashing

every time it gives me the following message:

The game crashed.

The crash report folder named "2013-09-22_152320" next to game executable.

It would be great if you'd send it to the developer of the game!

i have tried reinstalling the game and running the refresher file, both did not work.

the folder i had to send to the developer contained 3 files, the "report file" says the following:

[unityCrashHandler]

AppName=Unity Player

Info=Unity 4.1.3f3_9174d583c97b

FilesPath=C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Roaming\Pokémon Trading Card Game Online\PokemonTradingCardGameOnline\2013-09-22_152320\

File01=C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Roaming\Pokémon Trading Card Game Online\PokemonTradingCardGameOnline\2013-09-22_152320\error.log|Error log

Time=2013-09-22_152348

File02=C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Roaming\Pokémon Trading Card Game Online\PokemonTradingCardGameOnline\2013-09-22_152320\crash.dmp|Error dump

File03=C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Roaming\Pokémon Trading Card Game Online\PokemonTradingCardGameOnline\Pokemon Trading Card Game Online_Data\output_log.txt|Output log file

the other two files are a .dmp file i could not open and an "error" file which contains an incredible amount of text.

i don't know that much about computers, but i would realy like some tips on how i may fix this problem.

Thanks!

TimmeH8

Hey Timmeh8!

Thanks for that! If you're feeling especially keen, you could open a support ticket (link in my sig) and attach the error log to the ticket. That way support has the whole meal deal there to pass on to the developers.

Thanks!

• 4 years later...

Hey Timmeh8!

Thanks for that! If you're feeling especially keen, you could open a support ticket (link in my sig) and attach the error log to the ticket. That way support has the whole meal deal there to pass on to the developers.

Thanks!

Your link didn't work for me. Also your website is messed up badly. I log in and everything and was just about to file a report on a bug and this shows up...

Insufficient ******************* There was an Unexpected Error. Error ID: 3511b135-fb7b-451d-b6fd-81de872d71f1

Hello trainer,

I have removed your last two replies as they broke the rules of the forum.

Please, remember to keep a respectful attitude towards other users and the mods who are offering their help.

The best way to resolve this issue is to completely uninstall TCGO, and then download the game again (try using a different browser this time), and install the game to a brand new directory. 

PC Uninstall

1. Go to the Programs and Features section your computer's Control Panel. Select the game and uninstall it.
  2. Go to the directory where the game was installed. The default directory is C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData.
  3. The game stores files in the LocalLow and Roaming folders. Go into the LocalLow folder and delete the "The Pokémon Company International" folder. Go into the Roaming folder and delete the "Pokémon Trading Card Game Online" folder.
  4. Empty your Recycle Bin and then restart your computer.
  5. Please ensure that you also delete all previously downloaded versions of the game. Try using a different web browser to download the file again (we recommend Firefox or Google Chrome). 

MAC Uninstall

1. Delete your TCGO folder, along with any downloaded installation files.
  2. Click on 'Go' located on your top window, press the 'alt/option' key and select 'Library'. 
  3. Go to 'Cache' folder. Delete any Pokémon related folders you find.
  4. From the 'Library' again, go to 'Saved Application State' and delete "unity.The Pokémon Company International.Refresher.savedState" folder.
  5. Empty your trash, and then try using a different web browser to download the file again and re-install.

I also edited the title of your thread to make it more descriptive.