"Classic" Mode

AkuTenshiiZero

So hey, I'm new here. I heard about this game and decided to give it a shot. Not too bad so far, it's been many years since I played PTCG, but it's like riding a bike, as they say. But unfortunately, I'm finding there's a particular, nagging itch that I can't quite scratch.

See, I grew up with Red and Blue. When I got into PTCG, there were 152 Pokemon. I played Basic, Jungle, Fossil, Base 2, Team Rocket, Gym Heroes, Gym Challenge, and eventually stopped playing around Neo. And I am really, really craving some pre-Neo action. Now, I realize the game has changed and the classic cards wouldn't survive one turn today, but that's where I got to thinking...

Why not add a "Classic" mode that only allows the really old cards? To take it a step further, limit matches into brackets based on certain criteria, allowing blocks of old sets to be used again. I'd love to see a Red & Blue mode which only allows Basic through Gym Challenge. Let's face it, there's probably a pretty big chunk of players here who were among the very first PTCG players back in the day. Nostalgia sells!

don't think they're interested in encouraging people to play old cards. main reason this was created is probably to encourage people to buy more booster packs.since u can't get those old booster packs anymore, how would you build you online collection? it might be a viable options when they've implemented the gems I suppose.

I'm assuming "Gems" are the cash-currency in this game? If so, then, yeah. I would expect that the virtual cards would be purchased with cash-currency (I would also hope they could be bought with in-game currency, as the current cards are.) In fact, it is specifically because the old cards are out of print that this would be a good idea.

However, I'm seeing more and more that this game has a pitifully small community, in which case it wouldn't be a good idea. I think the marketing department needs to get off their collective ***** and advertise this thing, personally I only came across it by chance.

EDIT: Really? I can't use a generic, child-friendly term for the human posterior?

• 1 month later...

ill chime in and agree that the older gameplay was more fun than what its become today.

and yeah, they don't want us on the old path, they want us buying new cards to keep up. but thats whats great about playing IRL and why its much more fun IRL, you can all agree to play certain ways.

for example: for my group of friends, we choose not to play EXs. keeps everyone happy.

Hi d20rabbit,

In order to maintain organization within the forums, posting in threads that have been inactive for more than 14 days is not permitted. Please refrain from doing so in the future. You can read more about this rule and others in the Official Forum Code of Conduct.

As for the suggestion posed here, I believe I've escalated similar ideas in the past.

I'll be closing this thread now. Thanks for your understanding!

Archived