Why r so many ppl so greedy and rude?

yamiphoenixe

Greetings!

During my time playing PTCGO I have noticed ALOT of ppl trying to lowballing or ripping cards away from ppl.

A friend of mine pulled an Tornadus EX FA and he dont use any electric cards so he decided to try to trade it away. In totally 5 days he didnt got 1 single fair offer...Not ONE! Only horrible low offers and trades. Best offer he got was an fully foiled uncommon switch supporter card.....rest was common and some other very low valuted cards..( like Axew u pull like crazy from boosters )

I have also got many horrible offers ( most of my offers I get are horrible )....ppl add me and then send 1 super common card for ALL my 10 Pokemons EX and hope I would acceept.

PLS ppl! Stop beeing so rude and greedy and do fair trades! Like for like trading * a e......

Commenting on here, or talking to people in private messages....all useless.

I'm an EX collector. I don't drop a ton of money into this game, so my collection is only around 40 different ones, and with only doubles of a few making my collection just around 50 EXs. People post STUPID offers in public offers ALL the time, ranging for 1/2 common/uncommons for an EX, a single pack for an EX worth closer to 10 packs, and other stuff even worse sometimes.

People either just don't care or are extremely clueless about value systems. It's not going to change, no matter how many times people said it. And this is coming from someone who's tried in the past. Trust me, you're wasting your time. Sorry, it's just how it is.

I have made suggestions in the past for them to implement some sort of measure for us to blacklist people who pretty much only make rip-off offers so that they don't clog up our trade view with useless deals. With any luck we'll get this feature eventually

In a private message I offered a FA Iris for 5 packs of any plasma pack and they said, "Nope. Not Interested." after the fact they said they wanted it. It was weird of them to do that. I even responded that it was lower than gravy beasts prices. I see that most players absolutely despise the prices that gravybeast's post has and want a lower price to give for cards to other players. It useless to go by any price guide anymore because it will eventually make everyone want to give lower and lower due to the greediness.

it is true that some of gravy beasts prices may be overpriced, but I just assumed that because even he wants to make a profit from his trades. End of the day everyone is selfish and want to benefit from deals so I guess its just how things are.

the thing with the iris and 5 packs, maybe he just wasn't looking to trade with packs? that's why he wasn't interested?

also based on what you said, I don't think the way was being rude at all, at least he had the courtesy to tell you he wasn't looking to do that trade.

They were offering packs for FA Iris. They just wanted to hear the right number which in this case was lower than 5 or even 4 packs. Yeah the world is pretty much sour.

it is true that some of gravy beasts prices may be overpriced, but I just assumed that because even he wants to make a profit from his trades. End of the day everyone is selfish and want to benefit from deals so I guess its just how things are.

We don't make any real profit from the thread - maybe the odd pack here or there, but we always give people discounts from the prices on Page 1 so they can get their cards for as cheap as we can possibly give them away. The prices on that thread reflect a huge amount of information collated from Private, Public and Lobby-based trades and what we believe to be the closest to accurate prices.

Archived