Silver Mirror and Beheeyem

1Element

Okay so i was wondering if you had Silver Mirror attached to one of your non-EX pokemon, and that was your only pokemon out, and your opponent had out Plasma Storm Beheeyem, its a team plasma pokemon, and used its second move Damakinesis which reads "Move six damage counters from any of your Pokémon to the Defending Pokémon." Would it still put damage counters on the defending Pokemon even if it has Silver Mirror attached?

If the answer to my question is no then there is a bug with that in the game, if not then I guess it isn't a bug.

chronophysicist

the attack is actually moving damage counters and not doing damamge per se, so in a sense i think the answer should be yes the damage counters can be added. but I can't be sure, definitely you can argue that it shouldn't i can't really argue against that besides what I said so maybe someone else can weight in

the 2 closest ideas similiar to this is cofagrigus's 6 feet under, being a plasma pokemon he can still put 3 damage counters on mirrored opponents.

the other is if dusknoir has a plasma badge he woould still be able to move damage onto mirror opponents.

the problem is those 2 are still abilities so conclusion is I'm clueless LOL but the more i think the more I feel it should be no.

Edited by chronophysicist
the attack is actually moving damage counters and not doing damamge per se, so in a sense i think the answer should be yes the damage counters can be added. but I can't be sure, definitely you can argue that it shouldn't i can't really argue against that besides what I said so maybe someone else can weight in

the 2 closest ideas similiar to this is cofagrigus's 6 feet under, being a plasma pokemon he can still put 3 damage counters on mirrored opponents.

the other is if dusknoir has a plasma badge he woould still be able to move damage onto mirror opponents.

the problem is those 2 are still abilities so conclusion is I'm clueless LOL but the more i think the more I feel it should be no.

Well I went to another forum with a few pokemon professors there and they said no it shouldn't even move the damage counters onto it.

TPCi_Mathis

I'm actually checking with the rules team on this. Based on the precedent set by Sigilyph vs. Turbo Energize, it's possible that the damage counters are removed from the player's Pokemon, and then disappear completely because the Silver Mirror'd Pokemon is protected from the effects of Damakinesis.

Once I get the answer from the rules team, I'll log the issue in the bug database and note the correct outcome.

You know Mike, I think we'll have to discuss that one!

It's either they disappear, or they can't be moved.

But they should definitely not be moved onto the mirrored Pokemon!

TPCi_Mathis
You know Mike, I think we'll have to discuss that one!

It's either they disappear, or they can't be moved.

But they should definitely not be moved onto the mirrored Pokemon!

ExoByte checked with the folks in Japan. The damage counters are removed and then vanish because the Silver Mirror'd Pokemon is not a legal target.

yea i think Mathis's interpretations makes sense. in which case this should also apply for DRX espeon?

Yes. I've asked QA to investigate this as well.

I've also asked ExoByte to check into how Krookodile's Piston Headbutt attack would work if the Defending Pokemon was not protected from effects of attacks but the Benched Pokemon that the Energy is being moved to has a Silver Mirror attached. It seems like it would follow the same rules, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Edited by Prof_Mathis
Additional information
ExoByte checked with the folks in Japan. The damage counters are removed and then vanish because the Silver Mirror'd Pokemon is not a legal target.

Yes. I've asked QA to investigate this as well.

I've also asked ExoByte to check into how Krookodile's Piston Headbutt attack would work if the Defending Pokemon was not protected from effects of attacks but the Benched Pokemon that the Energy is being moved to has a Silver Mirror attached. It seems like it would follow the same rules, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Okay thanks for the answer, this caused me so much confusion when it happened, and I had no idea what would happen.