Sign in to follow this  
jynxedorange

Gardevoir's Ability Not Working Under a Certain Circumstance?

jynxedorange

This is a circumstance I created with a Mew Prime, Gengar Prime, and Gardevoir deck; when Gengar is in the Lost Zone, Gardevoir is on the bench, and Mew Prime is active with 1 basic psychic energy attached.

Mew Prime attempts via its Lost Link Poke-Body to use Gengar's Hurl into Darkness attack when the opponent has 2 Pokemon in their hand.

It appears Gardevoir's Ability does not double Mew's basic psychic energy at this moment and only allows one, not both, of the opponent's Pokemon to be sent to the Lost Zone.

Is this a glitch? Gengar's Hurl into Darkness attack does refer to "number of Psy Energy attached" not "number of energy cards".

Gardevoir's Ability did function correctly later on when Mew Prime dealt the correct amount of damage when Lost Linking the Xball attack of Mewtwo EX.

chronophysicist

I'm just gonna make a random guess on this, could be totally wrong.

the recent patch introduced a bug where all the basic energy cards that are not unlimited become considered as special energy cards. it sounds like ur running a deck from the hgss era so is it possible that u were using energy cards from hgss as well? my guess is that because gardevoir only doubles basic energy, and if u were using a hgss energy card which is not a basic energy due to the bug, it did not get doubled.

that's my attempt at making sense of this. if this is not the case and u were using one of the unlimited energy cards then I guess its time for the mods to have a *****

jynxedorange

What you suggest could be possible, I do have 4 of the HGSS Espeon print psychic energies in the deck, however I don't recall if the one specifically attached was one of those or not. I will test this out in practice mode.

jynxedorange

Nope, Gardevoir's Ability does not function with either the HGSS or the infinite basic psychic energy in the scenario.

chronophysicist

bummer

Sign in to follow this