Maintenance schedule/plans

spacehyena

Hi guys,

Just an off-the-cuff suggestion — please feel free to disregard if something like this is already available (I may just have been too stupid to find it).

I was just wondering whether or not it would be possible to provide a little more information regarding the game's maintenance periods — just a topic or something here on the forums that gives a rough overview of what changes the developers plan to try and incorporate. I think this would be particularly beneficial in instances regarding card updates and bug fixes, so that players have some idea of what to expect when the game is live again.

Of course I do understand that plans change all the time and it may not always be possible for everything to be implemented as planned, which is why I merely suggest an overview of what bugs/updates/changes are likely to be addressed, or what the priorities for that particular update are. Players may get frustrated at the longer periods of maintenance (not a criticism, simply an observation. To be quite honest I consider the amount of changes you guys manage to make in such relatively short spaces of time quite extraordinary) so maybe just a little extra communication regarding the updates would help to keep the peace among us :)

Again, merely a suggestion, possibly a rubbish one. Just thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

Cheers!

normally after maintenances like this they provide a summary of what's been changed at the announcements section, and its also shown on the game when it is updating. Pretty decent already I think. easier this way than to mention it prior to the maintenance and then not have it implemented and then face all the complains about A and B not being implemented.

Oh yes, I know about the post-maintenance summary. I think it's just nice to keep the community informed as to what the team are looking at doing in a more up-to-the-minute fashion. :] I thought it might also soothe some of the frustration caused by players regarding some of the more persistent bugs — it seems from some of the topics that many people are repeatedly reporting the same bugs and (to quote said topics) feeling that some are being put off or ignored. So, I don't know, if they could see in advance that the team are looking at addressing some of those issues in that particular update it might just help reassure some of the players. I don't know. As I said, it's potentially a stupid suggestion!

But you make a fair (and logical) point! It could certainly cause more problems and arguments. Thank you for your input, it makes a lot of sense and I can see now that it might not be such a great idea, haha. I'm not quite as familiar with the dynamic of the forums as older and wiser members (and, indeed, the support staff) so my initial impressions of how things will be received is probably quite wrong! I'm sure you all will have a far better idea as to whether it's likely to be useful or not, so thank you again :D

normally after maintenances like this they provide a summary of what's been changed at the announcements section, and its also shown on the game when it is updating. Pretty decent already I think. easier this way than to mention it prior to the maintenance and then not have it implemented and then face all the complains about A and B not being implemented.

I am not really convinced to be honest, I did read the update notes, (I do this with any online game I play after an update/patch) but all they have is "fixed some bugs" (well they go indepth about the energy bug they are aware of and such) What I kinda would like to know is kinda WHAT bugs were addressed/fixed...I get they don't want people to abuse bugs, therefore the less known about them means less exploiting of them, but sometimes I am unsure if I should report a bug or not because I am unsure if the staff is aware of them or not. I am pretty new, so even though I read the "known bugs" thread, I also seen many threads that suggest the staff are aware of other problems not on that list. I personally want to help find bugs, but I am not so helpful I want to search through lots of previous threads to make sure I am not double posting an issue that's been addressed before

Oh yes, I know about the post-maintenance summary. I think it's just nice to keep the community informed as to what the team are looking at doing in a more up-to-the-minute fashion. :] I thought it might also soothe some of the frustration caused by players regarding some of the more persistent bugs — it seems from some of the topics that many people are repeatedly reporting the same bugs and (to quote said topics) feeling that some are being put off or ignored. So, I don't know, if they could see in advance that the team are looking at addressing some of those issues in that particular update it might just help reassure some of the players. I don't know. As I said, it's potentially a stupid suggestion!

But you make a fair (and logical) point! It could certainly cause more problems and arguments. Thank you for your input, it makes a lot of sense and I can see now that it might not be such a great idea, haha. I'm not quite as familiar with the dynamic of the forums as older and wiser members (and, indeed, the support staff) so my initial impressions of how things will be received is probably quite wrong! I'm sure you all will have a far better idea as to whether it's likely to be useful or not, so thank you again :D

Hey friend,

The main reason why Moderators/the Support Staff do not post any specific information about what Maintenances are for is that they cannot guarantee that any updates or new features they plan to bring to the game will work - and it might well be that they have to reset back to the last configuration. Rather than get the community's hopes up about a new feature, then have to let them down because they have been unable to implement it due to an explosion of new bugs it might generate, it is much better to keep people in the dark, and just notify them when things have gone through successfully.

I know that is a short winded answer for something that probably needs a little more explaining - but I hope it helps.

Archived