Cant start PTCG even after reinstalling

FreeSpirit87

Dear tech team, ever since the maintenance i have been unable to open the game (I was able to patch it but nothing afterwords). I even uninstalled and reinstalled it.

I keep getting the following message:

Failed to initialize player.

Could not preload global game manager #0

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Hi FreeSpirit87,

Wow, that's a lot of re-installs! I'm glad to hear that your problem was resolved after all that! For now, I'll be leaving this thread open in case anyone else experiences this issue.

Thanks for your patience!

Hola Peeps!

Just posted this is another thread, but here's a copy 'n paste.

-------

Most errors can be resolved by reinstalling, but it's important to make sure that you fully uninstall first.

Unfortunately, the game does not always remove the all of its associated files when it is uninstalled. Reinstalling the game while those files are still present can create a conflict within the program. This is a known issue and the development team is working on a fix for it.

Until the development team can put a fix in place, you can do a "full" uninstall by following the steps below:

1. Go to the Programs and Features section your computer's Control Panel. Select the game and uninstall it.
  2. Go to the directory where the game was installed. The default directory is C:\Users\your user name\AppData.
  3. The game stores files in the LocalLow and Roaming folders. Go into the LocalLow folder and delete the "The Pok_mon Company International" folder. Go into the Roaming folder and delete the "Pokemon Trading Card Game Online" folder.
  4. Empty your Recycle Bin.

If you are running Windows 8, it's hit and miss right now, since TCGO does not feature support for Windows 8 at this time.

Experiencing same problem. Have not tried to reinstall yet, but doing that next. I just wanted to go ahead and post the issue since Prof_Poplar wanted to monitor the problem. I will update the results of the reinstall.

Archived