Hello, i am new at this game and i have some questions

Nhadaly

Hello, my IGN is Nhadaly and i am looking forward to enjoying this game, but i have some questions:

1. I dont have money to buy boosters or whatever, can they be earned for free easily?

2. Whats the easiest way to get tokens or whatever that isnt the trainers challenge?

3. I wanna build a good Psychic deck, how long will it take me to get the cards?

4. Is Raltz/Kirlia/Gardevoir rare or good as cards?

5. What about Kadabra/Alakazam?

6. What booster should i save for in order to get Psychic-type cards and basic support for them?

7. Is there any mode that allows me to play against players without overpowered EX pokemon?

I hardly know anything about the TCG but i played pokemon games before on my Gameboy a lot of years ago and now i came back to it and i find it a lot more fun than most of nowdays "triple A" titles.

I hope it doesnt take long to build the deck that i want, its just not a lot of fun playing with random pre-built decks that pale in comparison to the built ones i play against online each day.

To get a psychic deck it may take a month to get 500 tokens to get a psychic theme deck. To get a good deck costs money if you want it faster.

Here the answers Nhadaly!! i hope these following answers help you a little:

1.it depend what kind of booster pack or deck theme you want!! Some are not for free so only with trade you are able to unlock one!! To see the free booster packs and deck themes check shop( 98 tokens for 1 booster pack and 500 for deck theme) Of course buying cards with original money is the only fast way to unlock all cards from the game

2. here the full tutorial about tokens: http://www.pokemontcg.com/forums/showthread.php?36577-The-ultimate-tutorial-to-win-a-lot-of-tokens-for-a-single-day

3.This answer already given perfectly thanks to pkmnkingnik

4. i personal don't know but you can check filter rare on collection all cards option (usually all ex cards and 1 copy only pokemon image like gengar are super extreme rare cards and almost extreme difficult to unlock these cards for free)

5. I am afraid these cards are not available for pokemon tcg even if you have money to buy these cards!!

6. i am not sure bit i think the booster pack called next destinys give very good psychic cards and for sure mew ex and mewtow ex

7.Yes select pvp expert deck theme mode for easy 11 tokens and after that 1 token repeatly!! Only problem that this mode allow you to use only deck themes and it's to difficult to find someone in order to duel him!!

1. yes you can earn tokens to buy booster packs/theme decks, no they cannot be earned easily, the game was not designed for people who play for free to be on par with those who paid. Yes you can make a complain or suggestion in the feedback section but for now that's how it is.

2. ways to earn tokens:

a. log in daily for the 15

b. play 1 game daily for the 10

c. play expert matches lasting over 5 minutes for 1

d. play games at pokemon.com for up to 20 per week (unsure about the 20, somebody please confirm)

e. trainer challenges with new decks for 1 token per trainer for a total of 36 tokens per new deck

3. depends how good is good. if you going based off free cards it will take quite a while. if you're buying packs with money the speed will depend on the speed u spend

4. refer to the symbol at the top right, circle for common, diamond for uncommon, star for rare keeping in mind not all rares are created equal.

5. I don't believe those cards exist in the game

6. every expansion set has its own psychi pokemon, it will depend on what pokemon u want. basic support will again depend on the strategy of your deck. to find out which expansion set gives which pokemon you can use the pokemon database in the game

a. go to collections and select cards

b. select the small box at the top right that says show all

c use the filter to filter each expansion set and filter the psychic

7. the only way at the moment to gurantee no ex in a match is to make friends and agreeing not to use exs before inviting them to a match, otherwise the other option will be to play theme deck battles. With any luck more options will be available in the future.

P.S. this is my own opinion but EX pokemon are not overpowered. you just need the right strategy to overcome them

P.P. S. darn it Sara beat me

Also the answers from chronophysicist are very useful too!! Thanks chronophysicist!! Can i ask you chronophysicist if you know how to take tokens for practice mode?? Some users say that even this mode give tokens but i already play it and no luck so far!!

I don't think practice modes gives tokens ( unless it was the first game of the day)

my only other solution to the answer is maybe people thought trainer challenge was practice mode?

I got a White Kyurem, a weird rare-looking Numel with a mist-like thing over the pokemons picture, same thing with an Emolga as well as a Rufflet that i got from a booster pack which i got from logging in, can i trade those? How much are they worth?

I also got a Musharna that has a star for rarerity, is it worth much?

the rarity guide

circle = common (heaps easy to get, almost always worthless)

diamond = uncommon (a bit harder to get, worth very little with exception of quite a few, trainers cards in particular)

star = rare (only 1-2 in each booster pack making it a lot more rare)

unfortunately not all rare cards are created equal, you will notice that all the ex pokemon will have this star symbol but they are often worth a lot more than a regular non-ex pokemon with the same star symbol, for a better idea of the worth of each rare card I suggest u check out the The Gravybeast Inc thread on the trading post section (note that the list only serves as a guide, do not follow it blindly)

how much a rare card is worth often depends on 2 things:

a. how hard are they to get (some lame pokemons like Slaking are more likely to appear in a pack than say a Mew EX)

b. how useful they are as a card (some lousy cards like Slaking, despite having the star symbol, are almost completely useless which makes them worth a lot less than say a card like Empoleon, which has a very useful ability and a good attack)

the mist that you are seeing I believe is the game's attempt at simulation the "foil" appearance of real life cards. These are 2 kinda of these, 1 is the regular foil which means the area with the so called "mist"is only found in the picture of the pokemon. The other one is the what we call a reverse foil, where the "mist" covers almost the entire card.

The foil cards are not guranteed to appear in each 10 card booster pack but when they do, they only appear on the rare card of that pack, in general they are considered more expensive than their non foil counterparts, but normally not by much.

The reverse foil cards are gurenteed to appear once in every 10 card booster pack, however unlike the foil cards they can appear on any card of any rarity in that pack. In general the reverse foil rares are also considered more expensive than their non-foil counterparts, but also normally not by much. the common and uncommon reverse foils are the more tricky ones, the fact that the reverse foils only appear once in every pack means that reverse foil common and uncommon cards can be rather hard to obtain, and therefore they are certainly worth more than their non-foil counterparts, however in regards to their worth it is really dependant on the eye of the beholder. There are collectors or enthusiasts that may pay a fair amount for a couple of these reverse foil common/uncommons but I think the general population of players value them at a lot less.

In regards to your musharna, the game has quite a few different variations of musharna that all have the rare symbol on them, so its worth would have to depend on which Musharna you got. but knowing all the varieties of musharna out there, I believe that they aren't worth too much.

Last but not least, cards that you obtained from the game for free ( this refers to cards given you you by the game such as the free theme decks, the daily login rewards booster packs and the boosterpacks/theme decks bought from the game's store with tokens) are all untradeable. The only tradeable cards in the game are those that you redeemed with online codes cards, which can be found inside of physical booster packs that you find from retail stores. you can see which cards in your collection are untradeable by looking at the number count at the bottom of the cards, the number in red indicates how many copies of that card are untradeable.

They should make the cards you get from in-game boosters tradable too, otherwise it will take forever for free players to get what they want, i dont exactly like being restricted too much.

are you saying that because you want to make 80 accounts and just siphon all the good cards to the main account?

they've thought about this and that's why they're locked.

for your reference:

http://www.pokemontcg.com/forums/showthread.php?37055-Token-Booster-Packs

Cards that you buy with actual tokens, not free ones, i dont care if they lower the daily coins that players get or first win of the day or increase the cost of the packs as long as players who dont want to pay get a chance to interact with other players via trade and build up their decks properly so that they arent forced to spend real money on it.

I know of games that were way more restrictive than this one is and they dont restrict you from trading stuff you bought from online boosters with coins.

And besides you can easily make the game to be ran only once per computer, other games do that.

Any other players beside that that would do this would either require 2 players(in different areas) or 2 computers which are a minority, if you are too scared of a minority to take decisions you wont move forward, i dont know of the statistics, but as long as proper countermeasures are in place they wont have to fear such things.

you don't need 2 computers to abuse the system. you just log in to account A, add username B-Z as friends, then send offers to B-Z, log out, then log in to B-Z, see the trade notification, accept trade. by doing this you will get 26 10 card booster packs every 5 days and roughly 26 5 card booster packs every 4 or so days. in 20 days each account will have 234 cards, trade all that to 1 account and that account will have 6084 cards. This simulation is only done with 26 accounts.

tokens are given to you for free, you did not pay for them. the game was designed so that non-payer would not be able to be on par with those who did. yes its not fair and a lot of other games do or don't do it but this is the way the Pokemon company has chosen to go with. if you believe your argument to be true I have already given you a link to the thread discussing this, its worth reading opinion from other people there.

Yes this means players that play for free will not get to interact with other players. Just imagine you're playing the trial version of the trading card game.

There are far too many thread discussing this matter so there is no reason why this one should be turned into another one like them.

you don't need 2 computers to abuse the system. you just log in to account A, add username B-Z as friends, then send offers to B-Z, log out, then log in to B-Z, see the trade notification, accept trade. by doing this you will get 26 10 card booster packs every 5 days and roughly 26 5 card booster packs every 4 or so days. in 20 days each account will have 234 cards, trade all that to 1 account and that account will have 6084 cards. This simulation is only done with 26 accounts.

tokens are given to you for free, you did not pay for them. the game was designed so that non-payer would not be able to be on par with those who did. yes its not fair and a lot of other games do or don't do it but this is the way the Pokemon company has chosen to go with. if you believe your argument to be true I have already given you a link to the thread discussing this, its worth reading opinion from other people there.

Yes this means players that play for free will not get to interact with other players. Just imagine you're playing the trial version of the trading card game.

There are far too many thread discussing this matter so there is no reason why this one should be turned into another one like them.

Real-time trading, problem solved.

Well anyway, looks like i wont be staying for long if i cant build my deck properly and always lose to decks with EX cards, there isnt a point really, and this game is good and has a lot of potential if they move away from their current system.

Real-time trading, problem solved.

non-real time trading probabaly works better tho. especially for someone like me over in australia where day and night is almost opposite to the US and UK I'd have to do my trades in the middle of the night. at least with this I have a chance to expand my customer base to players outside of my timezone.

Plus putting stuff on trade this way means I don't have to be looking at my screen(or keep my computer on) while I wait for people to trade with me.

Sorry to hear you leave. but I guess that's probably the best idea. a lot of new players do get quite frustrated about the pay to win system but that's just the way it is, fortunately or unfortunately.

Archived