community based FAQ

chronophysicist

hey in light of recent events (recent events being AlexManectric's attempt to get mods to help with FAQ) it seems we're unlikely to get a good update to the FAQ section.

I was wondering if it would be possible for us to build up some sort of an FAQ my ourselves to help answer all the basic and most frequently asked question that we get in the game? stuff like how to trade/pm/get tokens etc

the hope is that once we get a good list going, in the future we could just post the links to our FAQ thread instead of repeating ourselves 15 times day answering the exact same questions. with any luck I'm hoping that it gets to be a prominent guide such as the gravybeast list

in my mind I'm thinking of probably a multithread format where each thread would address specific sections of the game (pvp, trainer challenge, trading, shopping etc) perhaps to lighten the load we could get different players to be in charge of different threads of the sort. and then if we notice a question being asked very often in the game we could comment on the corresponding FAQ thread and have the list updated.

the only downside of this I guess is that mods might shut us down, and that is the guy who runs the thread decides to stop playing and therefore stop updating the faq that he's in charge of.

that is the guy who runs the thread decides to stop playing and therefore stop updating the faq that he's in charge of.

That's exactly what happened to the old New Players Guide/FAQ.

I would be willing to take on this responsibility.

I wouldn't mind contributing but I don't think i could take charge of the thread.

we totally need this !! and if we do it should be stuck at page 1

I wouldn't mind contributing but I don't think i could take charge of the thread.

we totally need this !! and if we do it should be stuck at page 1

I will work on this over the next week and get back to you - I think the first thing will be to copy a lot of what Bethany has already done, as it is a superb guide...

while we're at it probably could also do a advisory thread offering general advise for starters. something along the line of stuff like: conceding games, use of EX in novice etc. just general advise to get them off on the right foot and avoid repeated complaints later down the road

Yes there should be such a thread because there are many new players with many questions in their mind and they are confused like I was. It would be great if you did it AlexManectric because the other two guides of yours are simply great. I learned a lot from those and were very helpful.

Archived