Garchomp/Altaria Dragon Deck

chap196

I just create this deck and play PvP for some games. It was ok, but the deck is not fast enough to beat Keldeo Ex/Blastoise deck, so I need a lot of improvement.

Pokemon:18

4-4-4 Garchomp

3-3 Altaria

Trainers (Item): 18

4 Level Ball

3 Pokemon Catcher

2 Super Rod

1 Tool Scrapper

2 Switch

1 Computer Search

2 Silver Bangle

1 Silver Mirror

Supporter: 11

1 Colress

3 N

4 Juniper

3 Skyla

Energy: 13

6 Fighting Energy

3 Water Energy

4 Blend Energy (WLFS)

This deck mains on Garchomp and use Altaria to increase its attack, I am not sure about rare cardy, it might be an emergency item when I have Gible as an active Pokemon and Garchomp in my hand. Silver Bangles help Garchomp to KO EXs easier. I need a lot of help with how much energy I need and what to take out.

I might advise changing the energy ratios, go for more fighting than water. if your dragons have no energy the one you wanna draw into is fighting so I'd advise a bit more fighting energy than water.

not sure if cheren is needed, if you can get the dragon call a small hand won't matter as much

if you're only worried about blastoise decks then this next suggestion isn't as relevant but I run a mr mine in my deck just to protect the weak bench

probably will need super rod in the mix somewhere, if all 4 dragons go down you have no backup plan, when u have to attack with swablu u know u've got a problem.

not sure what the ultra ball is there for since the level ball gets you the basics as well as gabite and dragon call will get you the rest

considering the ideal setup of 2 altaria and a charged up garchomp with silver bangle, dragon blade will deal 170 to keldeo for the knockout, 140 to blastoise for the knockout and 340 to black kyurem for the knockout. mach cut will do 130/100/200 for the respective pokemon, in either cases it doesn't seem like the additional 30 from laser/virbank would help too much. might be worth dumping the virbanks but keeping the lasers to push that 170 dmg output to 180 for other beefy exs in other decks

unfortunately I don't think this deck matches up very well against blastoise decks in general

Thanks for the suggestion. I will put Super Rod right away. The reason I lose is because all of my Garchomp is KO (3 of them, but 1 is in the prize card). I will edit my deck soon. If I got Space, I will put in Mr. Mime.

i think I might go as far as to suggest 2 super rods, just to increase your odds a bit in case 1 gets prized, otherwise maybe consider dowsing machine to reclaim the super rod for another go.

see if the current energy count works for you, I personally think you can afford to cut 1 or 2 more water and add 1 or 2 more fighting.

i actually play more rare candy in my deck altho I hardly ever use it. I think might be safer to just keep 1 in there for that time that you might just really need to get a lot of damage out

U dont need that many junipers or N

The max u shud have is 2 of each!

Skyla is useful so having 3 isnt a problem!

And u shud make ur deck versatile and u need emolgas in ur deck and just chip in with a couple of terrakion retaliate!

uhh i dont think any of that advice is a good idea. Though maybe 3 skyla. other than that i would say no to emolga, its not really needed with dragon call. Sure it can help from time to time with swablus but other than that its a waste of bench space. Just need 4 level balls and you should be good.

No to terrakion as well. Its a waste of energy since one mach cut can do more damage with 1 energy and isnt reliant on being knocked out. This deck is all about consistency. You dont want to ruin consistency by adding pointless pokemon.

As for low supporter counts is also a bad idea. Even if you can get all of your pokemon out with dragoncall and stuff, you still need to draw the energy, items, and other stuff. So you need the draw support when you can get it.

Also i dont think life dew is a good acespec for this deck. You ideally dont want to lose pokemon. Though if you do i would rather be able to get them back. So like rescue scarf on altarias could be quite good but not needed. Either way, dowsing machine or computer search might be better. Dowsing machine helps you get back some helpful items. But computer search can help boost consistency even further. With just 1 card it increases the possibility to draw what you need by 1 card for each card in your deck.

you can never have enough junipers, I run 4 and still add tropical beach

not sure what he's getting at with versatile

don't think emolga is that necessary, once a gabite is out you'll be filling in no time, adding emolga just takes up another bench space which would be better filled with altaria/garchomp or even mr mime.

terrakion might've been overhyped by people. benching it is basically asking your opponent to catcher out this 4 retreat cost pokemon to stall time and disable retaliate at the same time.

Yeah, might be putting Computer Search instead of Life Dew. Vesatile Mew EX is not require, it will make it worst, while it waste Bench Space, it also cannot get Attack boost from Altaria and Silver Bangles. Besides it is a EX Pokemon and have lower HP making my opponent be able to OHKO it easier and get 2 prize card. I am starting to think Mr Mime is a good additional as well, might try to find card to take out, although I can't decide. I will never decreases Juniper and N, they are very important.

U dont need that many junipers or N

The max u shud have is 2 of each!

Skyla is useful so having 3 isnt a problem!

And u shud make ur deck versatile and u need emolgas in ur deck and just chip in with a couple of terrakion retaliate!

Not exactly.

Decks need to have a high amount of draw support. Thus meaning maxing out 4 N's and 4 Junipers is a must. While having Skyla's is also good, having to many of them can handicap your draw support. I recommend running 4 Junipers, 4 N's, 2 Bianacs, 2 Colress, and 3 Skyla's.

Emolga and Shaymin might not be needed, just with enough supporters and Gabite's Dragon Call, I can get 3 or 4 Garchomps and 2 or 3 Altaria in play. Emolga and Shaymin will waste one of the space or waste one price card.

Emolga and Shaymin might not be needed, just with enough supporters and Gabite's Dragon Call, I can get 3 or 4 Garchomps and 2 or 3 Altaria in play. Emolga and Shaymin will waste one of the space or waste one price card.

Yes Emolga and Shaymin may waste 1-3 spaces, but it works well. If you used Ultra Ball you could use them as Ultra Ball fodder. I have tried running it without Emolga and it does not work.

Yes Emolga and Shaymin may waste 1-3 spaces, but it works well. If you used Ultra Ball you could use them as Ultra Ball fodder. I have tried running it without Emolga and it does not work.

Well it did work well for me without Emolga, I got many wins with this deck in Expert PvP already. Also we don't use Ultra Ball in this deck, we use Level Ball instead.

yea haven't seen any garchomp decks needing call for family. normally the dragon call thing works out.

and yes level ball is all you need, gabite will dragon call the rest for you.

Well it did work well for me without Emolga, I got many wins with this deck in Expert PvP already. Also we don't use Ultra Ball in this deck, we use Level Ball instead.

I know we don't use Ultra Ball in this deck, but if one Terrakion was there you could teach Ultra Ball in to help out. Don't talk to me like I'm new to deck because I am not. I was playing it for most of last season.

I don't put Terrakion in this deck for sure because if my opponent Pokemon Catcher it, it will give my opponent a time to attach energy and defeat my Garchomp afterward. Besides I don't even have enough space to put Emolga in, I want to put Mr Mime to protect Bench, but I still don't have enough space.

I don't put Terrakion in this deck for sure because if my opponent Pokemon Catcher it, it will give my opponent a time to attach energy and defeat my Garchomp afterward. Besides I don't even have enough space to put Emolga in, I want to put Mr Mime to protect Bench, but I still don't have enough space.

yea terrakion sounds like a horrible idea. mr mime makes more sense definitely.

That's fine but I'm just giving some advice that my friend gave me. I once had a Terrakion in my Garchomp deck, just 1, two is better and my opponent won as I couldn't get him set up. Please just bear in mind that I don't know you're list and you don't mind and I stopped playing this deck before Plasma Freeze came out. I'm only trying to give suggestions, as this thread was set up for.

sorry if that felt insulting, wasn't intended that way. Just really don't think terrakion is necessary.

It's okay, you're entitled to your own opinion.

Archived