Issues I noticed in the first day of play

RambutanEX

First of all, I'd like to thank the dev team for their hard work! I'm very excited to dig into this high potential game. There are a number of issues I noticed which you guys may or may not be classifying as "bugs," but I still hope they get some attention because they would make the game that much better.

User Interface Issues

The first thing I noticed while playing was that while the graphics are quite polished, user interaction and animations are not.

• When attacking, damage mount is displayed before the attack animation rather than after. Felt very strange.
  • The "magnify" icon that appears when the mouse hovers over a card is annoying. I would rather only use right-click to magnify cards. If the mouse is hovering over the "magnify" icon, right-click no longer does anything and I have to left-click instead. I would rather not have the icon at all--it doesn't appear on all cards anyways (e.g. top card of discard pile, cards in the discard pile).
  • I'd like a solution for showing card info that doesn't require me to wait after hovering the mouse. I'm an impatient gamer when it comes to getting information I need. I suggest a keyboard shortcut like Alt or an option to remove hover delay.
  • Text scrolls very slowly (to this impatient gamer), especially things that NPCs say outside of matches.
  • REMOVED (thanks Hazmah)
  • For cards that bring up lists (e.g. Poké Ball), I think there should be more visual difference between cards that can be selected (flaming gold outline) and cards that are selected (flaming blue outline). I would like selected cards to jump out more than selectable cards--maybe reduce the flaming gold outline to just a thin gold outline.
  • I find it a bit strange that the startup screen is fullscreen and then the login screen is tiny.
  • Quitting the game takes way too long. Don't worry, I'll still come back tomorrow =)
  • One mouse wheel "tick" causes the Game Log to scroll more than a page. (If it matters, my resolution is 1920x1080, but I found the same issue on all other available resolutions.)

AI Bugs

I don't exactly remember which opponents these were, but they were in the first three opponents of the Gold League, Expert difficulty.

• The logic for using Exp. Share was a bit strange. My opponent used it on an almost-dead Active Pokémon instead of a Bench Pokémon.
  • The logic for using Eviolite was definitely incorrect. My opponent attached it to non-Basic Pokémon (twice!).
  • My opponent did not take advantage of Pokémon Center during any of her turns (she didn't use it on Bench Pokémon with damage counters).
  • Kendall attached Dark Claw to an Electric-Type Pokémon instead of a Dark-Type Pokémon.

Again, a big thank you to everyone that has put effort into making this game everything that it is (and will be)!

Sorry, Hazmah, I didn't notice that coin flip animation disable option, my mistake. I removed that point in my original post. I'm not angry though, I just want to improve the game.

Here's a couple more I found:

User Interface Issue

The Game Log lists the entry for "X became Y's new active Pokémon" (side note: should say "Active") before the entry for "Y's Z retreated." The order is reversed.

AI Bug

Cammie's Kyogre EX did not use Dual Splash (for 50 damage) instead of Smash Turn (for 30 damage, no weakness/resistance). If this is not the issue directly, the only possible complication I can think of is that Kyogre EX's third energy was a Prism Energy.

One more:

When Aspertia City Gym is played, all Colorless Pokémon gain +20HP before the Stadium is actually placed on the field. It would be less confusing if the Stadium animation was shown first.

Archived