Sign in to follow this  
Scragbean

Lugia Ex's Overflow Ability is bugged

Scragbean

Hello,

I was using Lugia Ex's attack plasma gale to knock out a pokemon, and it failed to take an additional prize. I just got off a game where I knocked out a Virizion EX, a Genesect Ex, and a Tropius and I only took 5 prizes instead of well... 8. There was nothing preventing the ability, it just sort of failed to take the additional prize. I'll play more games to see if its still bugged.

Thanks

Aggressiv

Yup, I have the same problem.

TPCi_Mathis

Did you have Darkrai-EX in play? If so, did you attach a Darkness Energy to Lugia after Darkrai-EX entered play? How many Prizes did you draw for knocking out each EX?

Edited by Prof_Mathis

Scragbean

No i was playing Virizion/Genesect. In that game i took 2 prizes off ex's and 1 off the non ex.

I just finished playing a game where i used virizion ex's emerald slash to attach 2 grass to lugia ex. Then I attached a plasma energy via colress machine and manually attached a grass. I then used a team plasma ball to grab a Deoxys EX for 10 additional damage and proceeded to use plasma gale on a PF Kyurem (130 HP). To my surprise the attack did 120. The next turn I attached another plasma energy and used a pokemon catcher on the damaged pokemon to knock it out with Lugia EX. Again I only took one prize.

This was rather frustrating because it seems to be a rather inconsistent bug.

Thanks for the Reply too.

Edited by Scragbean
Clarification

chronophysicist

it sounds like you may be under the effects of Garbotoxin.

Evidence for this being:

a. plasma gale not getting additional 10 damamge from Power Connect ability

b. overflow not allowing you to take additional prize.

Scragbean

There was no Garbotoxin active. I was testing against decks that did not include Garbodor because otherwise I would notice. I would've known better because I then used G-booster from Genesect which did 210..................

TPCi_Mathis
No i was playing Virizion/Genesect. In that game i took 2 prizes off ex's and 1 off the non ex.

I just finished playing a game where i used virizion ex's emerald slash to attach 2 grass to lugia ex. Then I attached a plasma energy via colress machine and manually attached a grass. I then used a team plasma ball to grab a Deoxys EX for 10 additional damage and proceeded to use plasma gale on a PF Kyurem (130 HP). To my surprise the attack did 120. The next turn I attached another plasma energy and used a pokemon catcher on the damaged pokemon to knock it out with Lugia EX. Again I only took one prize.

This was rather frustrating because it seems to be a rather inconsistent bug.

Thanks for the Reply too.

It sounds like perhaps Virizion's Ability is overwriting other Abilities (similar to the recurring problems we've been having with Dark Cloak). I'll pass this along to the QA team to investigate.

Sign in to follow this