Refresher problem

burnsey65

So i was trying to install the new patch that came out recently.

After starting up PTCGO, the 'Refresher Update' window opens. I thought to myself. 'OK, seems normal.' But after about 30 mins, the window is still there.

I decided to close the window and look through the PTCGO folder, and came across the Refresher.exe. After clicking it, the game began installing the new patch perfectly. It went through all 5 steps of the installation and once complete, the 'Start' button lit up. So i clicked it.

After about 5 seconds, the 'Refresher Update' window pops up again.... I went back and opened up the Refresher.exe one more time and found that the game had indeed patched successfully. I can't get to the login screen due to the 'Refresher Update' window even though the game has already patched.... Any solution to this?

Hey Burnsey :)

It sounds like the patch didn't quite install properly.. The best thing to do would be to do a complete uninstall and re-install of the game. Try that, and if you don't have any luck, reply back here and I'll give you a few more things to try :)

Worked fine thanks. :D

Though i hope i don't have to do this each time a new patch comes out... I can see this getting frustrating after a few times...

Archived