Enhancing and not reducing

Paterson92

Hi everybody!

First of all I would like to thank the Pokemon TCG Online team. You are doing a great job and you are creating a succesful experience for players.

Re the last update I believe that the reduction of Booster Packs that can be adquired with Pokemon Tokens might scare players. It could be percieved that further updates are bound to limit the experience and the game possibilities. Perhaps there are other alternatives to increase the will of buying booster packs without affecting the free game. For example, when introducing a new edition, limiting it for the first month to those who redeem codes. Or by allowing players to buy particular cards or booster packs through the Pokemon TCG Online app directly. The idea is to keep the improvements achieved for all players and increase the possibilities of the game!

What do you think?

could I say something I wish that they would let us buy cards from all packs with tokens most of us don't mind the extra memory and it will let new players who are old pokemon fans use pokemon they know rather than new pokemon they don't know

Hey PATERSON92,

Thanks for the suggestion!

The team loves hearing ideas from players so I'll pass this info along for review. I'll leave the thread open for discussion with other players in the meantime.

I think its better if they keep refreshing the shop with modern day booster packs. It reflect what is actually going on in the real world where old booster packs are no longer sold. Plus keeping old booster packs just make people stick to old playstyles and stop experimenting. Also i think sometimes older generations cards should be phased out because they could otherwise create some powerful combos with the new cards. I still Play a fair bit of my games in novice mode but I can't play in the Modified format because there is almost always nobody there, everybody plays in unlimited using all the old cards to create all their fancy combos with their old cards and I can't avoid them because the alternative would be to either get owned by top tier decks in modified expert or wait 10 minutes for a game in modified novice.

I say u cant battle so what if their better I lost loads when I started and I still lose quite a lot but u know what I do I get right back up and like u said some old cards and new cards make powerful combos so why cant people experiment with good old cards and good new cards and if it is too hard on modified then arrange it with someone with friend chat or just battle unlimited

losing isn't the big issue, its just the fact that because people linger on the old cards I can't find people to play on modified. yes friend battle is a solution but to do that i have to beg people in chat to play me and then I have to add them to my friend list and then send the invitation for that 1 game. that's a lot of work to do just to play 1 game in the modified format, which is supposed to be the legal format.

the old players using their old cards making good combos with the new cards are not really experimenting anything new in my opinion, I feel its more like they had a good formula back in the days and just happen to find a better pokemon to work with that combo, which is why I'm less interested in playing them. the example I'll make is with the dynamotor eelektrik, first coupled with zekrom ex, and then later replaced with a better rayquaza, not really a new idea. now those people still with their rayquza eelektrik decks are probs just waiting for the next big lightning discarding pokemon to replace rayquaza and do the same ol idea again.

I'd much rather see people's ideas with the new sets of cards and actual NEW combinations.

that's still not as convenient as just clicking the novice modified button

a. i need to wait for you to be online and not already playing a game

b. you must be free and looking at your game to accept the challenge

c. you have a finite variety of decks

professor will u listen to twp people or one u used this against me nw I am using it over u and by the way I am almost always online if I am not in school or doing homework

professor will u listen to twp people or one u used this against me nw I am using it over u and by the way I am almost always online if I am not in school or doing homework

fair enough

with regards to your availability:

a how many hours are you in school? ( i estimate maybe ~6?)

b how many hours do sleep? (best estimate ~6 for young people)

c what timezone are you at (going on a random guess on this one but I'd say somewhere in Europe)

that's ! hours that you're not available and assuming u are in Europe there'll be a narrow time frame to catch you

Archived