Nintendo 2DS Discussion Thread

Battler077

hi fellas i just realized that Nintendo will be releasing a 2D version of the handheld console Nintendo 3DS. it will be cheaper than the other, its an unique board instead of 2 flip-flop tapes but it doesn't have the 3D effect. now the question: do you like it? how will react the community?. i'll buy it if i could. and its release is the same date as Pokémon X/Y, October 12th. now, 3, 2, 1, discuss!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really doubt it's gonna outsell X and Y.I doubt it's gonna outsell the 3DS it's self.

what do you mean by outsell? that it will have more sells than 3DS?

what do you mean by outsell? that it will have more sells than 3DS?

Yes.Clamshell is much better,I don't care how big a 3DS XL is.It plays all of my games and I like that.The 2DS Is like a game and watch system.

Yes.Clamshell is much better,I don't care how big a 3DS XL is.It plays all of my games and I like that.The 2DS Is like a game and watch system.

but its a decent alternative for savers, don't you think?

*Shrugs* I guess.More or less I wish It was a 2Ds with a clamshell,but like the DS lite.So a 3DS lite?

Fun fact:DS stands for Dual screen.

It's great that they are releasing it on NDS because I don't have a 3DS and I don't have an NDS either but I have a DS emulator but no 3DS emulator. It's like this because I am not interested in any NDS or 3DS games except Pokemon but I do play Xbox and PSP. If you guys could name me some good Xbox and PSP games that would be great.

It's great that they are releasing it on NDS because I don't have a 3DS and I don't have an NDS either but I have a DS emulator but no 3DS emulator. It's like this because I am not interested in any NDS or 3DS games except Pokemon but I do play Xbox and PSP. If you guys could name me some good Xbox and PSP games that would be great.

They're not releasing it for the DS, just the the 3DS series (which includes the original model, XL, and 2DS).

They're not releasing it for the DS, just the the 3DS series (which includes the original model, XL, and 2DS).

That's right I'm just hoping that there might be a 2DS emulator because there is no 3DS emulator. There is no 3DS emulator because they can't convert the graphics into 3D in PC and this new 2DS has a lower graphics which they might be able to convert.

Does anyone else agree that the size looks extremely awkward to be portable? It's more tablet size than pocket-sized...

Your tellin me...

That's right I'm just hoping that there might be a 2DS emulator because there is no 3DS emulator. There is no 3DS emulator because they can't convert the graphics into 3D in PC and this new 2DS has a lower graphics which they might be able to convert.

Emulation is illegal (it's essentially Piracy)... I think you might be allowed if you own both the console and the game in real life (and payed for them) but it's definitely illegal if you don't.

Does anyone else agree that the size looks extremely awkward to be portable? It's more tablet size than pocket-sized...

mmm... do they have the same size? open a Nintendo 3DS to the limit and tell me. if they don't, then yes, it could be more Tablet than Pocket.

i didnt like it at all the design is very ******/QUOTE]

It does have a terrible design...it's like an game and watch system that can play 3DS and DS games alike.

The way I see it, we have two new Pokémon games color-coded with red and blue. Two new 2DS systems that are red and blue. Carrying cases for these systems that are red and blue.

I must see a themed bundle.

As for the system's design, while I am glad they have removed the easily broken clamshell hinges. However, I've heard rumors that the two screens are a single piece with a plastic strip over the middle, which bothers me. Also, because it is unlikely there will be a third peripheral for a second analog stick, the argument rises again about that lopsided design. On the brighter side, this new handheld is more affordable and has a longer battery life than a standard 3DS.

The way I see it, we have two new Pokémon games color-coded with red and blue. Two new 2DS systems that are red and blue. Carrying cases for these systems that are red and blue.

I must see a themed bundle.

As for the system's design, while I am glad they have removed the easily broken clamshell hinges. However, I've heard rumors that the two screens are a single piece with a plastic strip over the middle, which bothers me. Also, because it is unlikely there will be a third peripheral for a second analog stick, the argument rises again about that lopsided design. On the brighter side, this new handheld is more affordable and has a longer battery life than a standard 3DS.

Could be the announcement of Pokémon Yin and Pokémon Yang, Pokémon Crimson and Pokémon Cyan?lol

Emulation is illegal (it's essentially Piracy)... I think you might be allowed if you own both the console and the game in real life (and payed for them) but it's definitely illegal if you don't.

Yep you're right, maybe that's why they won't be releasing a 3DS series emulator. Downloading a DS emulator and playing in it is piracy I guess, don't really know. I just got that emulator from a friend so I don't really know. And where I live people kinda do piracy because of unavailability of original consoles.

somebody tell me(i dont remember who) that Nintendo 2DS form resembles a slice of bread. do you think the same?

I tried putting creamy peanut butter on it, but it is still too crunchy...

Maybe some 3rd party case-modders will do this; a white front with little speckles for texture, a tan/brown back that resembles the heel of a loaf, and a white carrying case with Wonder-style dots and design.

I tried putting creamy peanut butter on it, but it is still too crunchy...

Maybe some 3rd party case-modders will do this; a white front with little speckles for texture, a tan/brown back that resembles the heel of a loaf, and a white carrying case with Wonder-style dots and design.

XD.That all I have to say.XD.

Archived