Palkia/Porygon-Z Deck

happylittlepigs

Hi everyone! I recently got a Palkia EX FA in a trade, and I want to actually use it with this Porygon-Z I drew. I have a lot of cards in Plasma Blast, and I probably could obtain any EX (except the expensive ones like Genesect, Virizion, and Deoxys) or card, but I just don't know where to start. If anyone could make suggestions on what cards to use, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

For a Porygon Z deck i would really want to use Dialga Ex and Tornadus Ex. Your other pokemon are dependent on what energy you use. Probably like 4 DCE, 4 Plasma, 4 Energy. You could use Prism or Blend if you wanted. But you would be seriously weak to enhanced hammer or cobalion decks. But if you went that way you would probably also add Thundurus Ex as well to recycle your blend energy. with 4 DCE you could put in mewtwo.

If it were me, i would go with grass energy since i happened to pull 2 genesect and 2 virizions from a booster box. I would add 1 Genesect Ex for catcher ability and then move the energy to where it needed to go. Could put Virizion, but i dont see it being important. I would also add in Tropius, since its pretty amazing and also runs on grass energy.

With mostly only basic pokemon you should probably use Eviolites along with Max potions to make your pokemon pretty hard to knock out.

You could also go water energy for Keldeo/float stone + Suicune, to help against Ex pokemon.

Either way you need to have at least 1 or 2 non ex/non plasma attackers, for those decks that run Sigilyph/Suicune + Silver mirror.

Did you not hear what I said? The expensive exes like Genesect and Virizion are out of the question. And which Tornadus? PF, I assume, right? I do think some Suicune and Mirrors would be good. Mewtwo is a good suggestion, but I already use him in ALL of my decks. It gets ridiculous. Keldeo is a good choice, I agree with that. I would have to have both Grass and Water energies, because that is what Palkia needs to attack. So what you are saying is, Dialga Ex, Keldeo Ex, Suicune, Silver Mirrors, and Tornadus? Cool, thanks.

I was saying if it were me i would use grass. Also yes they are expensive. But if you just get them in a booster pack then its not. Either way your deck could use a few key trainer cards. You probably dont need all of them but they would be helpful.

-Max Potion: Pretty much a given with decks that move energy.

-Eviolite: Anything to make it harder to OHKO your pokemon.

-Aspertia City Gym: +20 Hp to your normal types. Porygon will appreciate it greatly.

-Giant Cape: When in tandem with the gym it gives Tornadus Ex 220 Hp, making nearly impossible to OHKO, bar Haxorus.

-Rare Candy: For Porygon Z

-Shadow Triad: To get back lost Plasma Energy

-Colress Machine: Quickly get those Plasma energy out.

-Plasma/Level Ball: Best bet for this deck since much of it is plasma, or under 90 hp. Though you cant go wrong with Ultra ball.

deck has too many counters, probably wont be competitive

I know, but this is just a game :) If I were doing a tournament, I definitely wouldn't be using this

If it were me. means if i was building this deck. I find the easiest way to help someone put together a deck is to basically think up a build for myself. Palkia runs on grass and water, so i suggested pokemon for both types that would work well for this deck and reasons. Just because you said dont suggest this pokemon because of some reason or another, doesn't mean i won't. If i think it would help a deck i would suggest it and why. Maybe it would change your mind about the card and possibly try to trade for it, since you traded for a palkia.

Ok guys, thanks for all your feedback. I've created the deck! :D I'll post exactly what cards I used and you guys can give me feedback on that :)

I run a deck very similar to this. I was able to put my hands on 3 Dialga, 3-1-3 Porygon-Z, and 2 Giratina (plasma). I would like to swap out Giratina for Thundurus (eventually). I like the idea with Suicune. Unfortunately, this deck list is very tight. I don't have room for Lasers and barely had room for three Float Stone(definitely not eviolites). Think of it this way: reduce by 20, or get a damaged Dialga out of the active spot and move 4 Plasma to a fresh one. I like the second option better.

use abomasnow water type grass energys

I feel like another pokemon that is multistep isnt a wise choice for this deck. It is as the Dr. said. its a tight deck, fitting something in just to act as a fire counter, isnt a good idea. Plus without Virizion, abomasnow is kind of stupid.

Though if you were going to use something like 2-2 Umbreon. i imagine that would be quite helpful. Porygon Z would hit pretty high HP, the other plasma pokemon as well would get a nice boost.

I feel like another pokemon that is multistep isnt a wise choice for this deck. It is as the Dr. said. its a tight deck, fitting something in just to act as a fire counter, isnt a good idea. Plus without Virizion, abomasnow is kind of stupid.

lol

Archived