1 Token for winning expert games

Natakazam

That's honestly ridiculous. When tokens were useless we got a ton more - now that you can actually redeem something you have to play 95 games to get a FIVE card pack. That's way overkill. It should be one-two on novice, one-two on trainer challenge, and like 5 on expert.

That's honestly ridiculous. When tokens were useless we got a ton more - now that you can actually redeem something you have to play 95 games to get a FIVE card pack. That's way overkill. It should be one-two on novice, one-two on trainer challenge, and like 5 on expert.

^

I totally agree. either increase the payout of matches, or make packs cheaper

I don't think 5 tokens can be considered a good reward. Doesn't expert ingame details say the reward is high?, yet we get 1 token.

I would suggest a reward of 2 tokens for each prize card taken on experts and 1 token for each prize card on novice.

the idea of the game is to reward player but not enough that they can effectively farm tokens for packs. The game at the end of the day was meant to encourage people to purchase booster packs, not farm packs for free. A lot of investment was involved to make this game and they expect some sort of return in the end.

I personally think they should've just gave the tokens for daily logins and daily games, its also quite amazing that they've give out not 1 or 2 theme decks but 6 theme decks in total together with unlimited basic energy not to mention the free packs from the trainer challenge.

The fact that you can potentially get more than that makes people not really play the game for fun but instead to farm tokens, resulting in people making a big fuss over people that concede early and not getting tokens for the match etc etc. When you go to your local card shop to play you don't expect any reward, you actually go there to play for fun and talk to people.

Except they want people who never or do not play the card game to get involved. You understand that only so many people play the Pokemon TCG in real life and even less bother to play the TCGO. Therefore they need people who do not play to get involved and to stay involved.

People who cannot get codes are stuck with the free cards everyone else gets. Therefore, they're more or less stuck making the same Deck with the groups of free Decks. You think 45 Packs sounds like a lot but in most cases its not enough to make a deck you'd like, especially when the free packs you get are random. Add to the fact that you cannot trade any cards and you aren't really making any progress.

So what's to keep these new people coming back to play the next day? They'll get tired of the one or two decks they can use and make themselves, be bored of the TCG entirely and then just go on their merry way. Do you think the PTCGO really want that? They need to keep the people who wont or cannot pay into the game so that they one day may become paying customers when they can safely feel that their interest in the game demands an investment of some sort. If you lose them within the first week because they feel like they cannot make progress, then there's a good chance they wont bother coming back, and that's a potential customer lost.

You can't only care about the people who will pay, but you gotta care about the people who may pay in the future. You can't lose them like that. Also, don't talk about fun because a good portion of fun that comes from a Trading Card Game is Collecting and Trading, which cannot be done for free.

I have tons of cards from codes, so it doesn't really apply to me, but in my opinion, they aren't giving out enough to those who can't pay to keep them playing. It currently takes about 3-4 days to get enough coins for a 5-card pack which doesn't even guarantee a rare. It'll take 15-20 days for a Deck (which consists of about 40 new cards, as Energies are free already). If I wanted to make a somewhat decent water deck out of Solar Strike decks using those Blastoise, Suicunes, and Pokemon Catchers, it would take me 60-80 days, that's 2-3 months.

Until then, I'd have to log in every day and struggle to keep interest in the game, which when your only options are to A: Play with the same boring decks for that many days B: Just log in and log out immediately just for tokens, or C: Just give up before that 80 day mark and not play it ever again.

There has to be a balance. It hasn't been reached yet.

It's a trading card game, and if collections were not taken out of rotation for the modified set, the amount of cards would be so big, that no matter how many free points you get from playing online, there would still be sooo much to be unlocked exclusively through real life purchases. So perhaps a good thing would be to make the use of trainer tokens exclusive for collections that are no longer part of the modified set, so that the incentive for purchases and money investment is still there in order to play in anything that requires those cards, like the upcoming tournaments. That way, there would be no real issue in making trainer token rewards from battling quite higher, as they should be. Every battle is an accomplishment and it should have a reward.

Archived