The End of Pokemon?

Poke_Ball_1

There are rumors going around that Pokemon X and Pokemon Y (and a possible Pokemon Z) will be the LAST GAMES of the Pokemon series. With that possible Pokemon Z being like the BIG FINALE.

Thoughts?

Do you think its true?

COULD THIS BE THE END OF POKEMON?

i sure hope not

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most definitely not.Mario has gone for probably more than 50 years now.Pokemon ran for about 10.It is most definitely not.Kirby series...that's another story...

Mario has gone for probably more than 50 years

...wat. R U like... from the year 2031 or something? will flying cars ever be a thing? Will they make shoelaces that tie themselves? Most importantly... WILL THEY FIX THE "HOPPING CART RETURN" SIGN!?!?

BTW, pokemon IS 17. red & green were released 1996 in japan. 1998 in the USA.

BTW, pokemon IS 17. red & green were released 1996 in japan. 1998 in the USA.

Exactly. Pokémon will continue on for many, many years into the future. :D

Besides, can you imagine what life would be like if Pokémon didn't exist? I sure couldn't.

(last time i checked, mario is like 27. the first mario game came in 1986n or something.

Someone on YT had a theory about it, saying that because X, Y and Z were at the end of th alphabet, that woulod be the end

...Seriously?Thats some theory...*Rolls eyes*

@TrainerTJ Yeah,the new stuff is awesome!I have a 4DS and love playing New super mario bro 16!XD But you still have to tie your shoes yourself.

As someone who has been with the franchise from the beginning, I can tell you that Pokemon is not ending anytime soon. There are always a few people who spread the rumor that (insert Pokemon game here) will be the last Pokemon game. It's never true, and I suspect it will not be true for as long as Pokemon remains a multibillion dollar business.

I don't see Pokémon ending, but maybe running out of new titles for each version. Possibly having a uniform name and a numeral kind of like BW2. It would be interesting to play a title like Pokémon: Red v.7 someday. Maybe even seeing an ongoing triple-release named for R/B/G. Version boxart featuring the starters does lessen the reliance on making some new legendary.

Archived