Suggestion: option to turn foil effects off

GR0

I just played some games against the AI with the standard Lightning deck, and it really surprised me how lagfree it stayed. I expected it would take longer to lag thanks to no foils but eventually would, but even after 6 games there wasn't even a sign of lag, it felt like I was playing the Trainer Challenge. Usually it takes only half a game to already notice the lag, while I have a pretty decent PC (not brand new of course, but it's still good enough). Even when playing the AI with an own deck!

So, yeah. Even if that lag ever gets fixed, I'd still really like to suggestion an option to turn foil effects off. No one cares about seeing their opponent play foil cards anyway (ask yourself if you're caring about it when you see an opponent play a foil), and "special" cards like full-art cards (or Primes or Legends etcetera) remain distinctive anyway, so it won't devalue anything. Because it improves performance, why not? And if you really want foils to look differently at all times regardless of that, you can always put a star on an empty spot of the card or something when the player's in non-foil mode.

I never liked the idea of foils (especially reverse holos, those wretched things) from its conception back in 1998 (or at least when Pokemon cards made it stateside), so I wholeheartedly agree. I'd love it if TCG Online just got rid of foils entirely. Really, who's going to collect foils online?

Obviously, that's not going to happen, so I do support your idea. I would add something that I also feel is reasonable: PLEASE group holographic cards in with the non-holographic! Having two separate piles when you're trying to create a deck just adds a ton of unnecessary clutter.

Archived