Print, Reprint, Re-reprint and Re-re-reprint? What's going on?

Battler077

hi guys with the release of Plasma Blast i just noticed that several cards has been reprinted again..... and again and again. because of that i must ask this: does Nintendo lack of cards ideas, or they are saving the best part for X & Y TCG sets? these are the cards:

Blastoise(as Holo Rare, Secret Ultra Rare and Holo Rare again)

Cover Fossil(printed twice as an Uncommon, but that's ok)

Energy Retrieval(printed twice as an Uncommon, but that's ok)

Plume Fossil(printed twice as an Uncommon, but that's ok)

Pokémon Catcher[as Uncommon(the most uncommon card in EPO! Whenever you expected to find one in a pack, you get Great Ball or Bianca), as Secret Ultra Rare and Uncommon again(now it's not so uncommon, i think)]

Professor Juniper(Definitively, the most reprinted card ever! 1st as Uncommon, 2nd as Uncommon again but with different artwork, 3rd as Full Art Ultra Rare and 4th as Uncommon again with the same artwork as the 1st one)

Rare Candy[as Uncommon, Uncommon again and Secret Ultra Rare(the 2nd and 3rd reprint are in the same set)]

Ultra Ball(as Uncommon, as Secret Ultra Rare and Uncommon again)

Plasma Energy(reprinted 3 times as an Uncommon)

Exeggcute[as an Uncommon and as Secret Ultra Rare(did you expected it? i don't.)]

Virizion(as an Holo Rare, as Full Art Ultra Rare and as Secret Ultra Rare)

Dusknoir(as an Holo Rare and as Secret Ultra Rare)

well that's it, thanks for reading. feel free to leave your comment or your thoughts about this. if i forgot something, let me know.

In Japan a lot of these cards (Catcher, Juniper, Blastoise, and Energy Retrieval) were printed in a type of theme deck. TPCI seems to be following Japan's release schedule much more closely, so they tend to reprint things Japan reprints. The fossils were needed to stay in format, and the shinies have always been reprints. I don't think it's so much that they're running out of ideas, they just want these cards to be easily obtainable because many of them (Ultra Ball, Juniper, catcher, Energy retrieval) are staple cards.

Archived