What's Everybodies Favorite Thing About Pokemon?

XxEthanxX

thumbs_up.pngWhat is ya'lls favorite thing about pokemon? I know mine would either have to be the story of a pokemon game or the anime.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pokemon has been with me since I was very young. Maybe 7 or 8 years old. So as long as I can remember I have loved the franchise and have never disliked anything to do with it. I can't put my finger on the reason though... :S

Are you southern? teeth_smile.png

Anyway, my favorite thing about Pokemon would probably be... wow. I can't think of a single thing that's the best about it....

Okay, I've got it. My favorite thing about Pokemon is... Pokemon! It's all great!

I like everything. The anime and the games. They both have great music. (Espically Kanto!). Plus the anime is sooooooo funny with Team Rocket's Antics. Oh don't forget Brock! I miss him, he was the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have always thought the games are the best thing! i just wish that you could play with random people via wi/fi than only having to have their friend codes....

Let me check Bulbapedia. I'll edit this when I find out!

EDIT: Yep, it's an option on the Pokemon Center's second floor, under "Random Matchup".

Diamond and Pearl were the first Pokemon games to have Wi-Fi battles, so Emerald doesn't even have the option, but the thing that those games use to do that has been discontinued. And, yes, I'm talking about something in the new ones.

o ya my bad about emerald.... and that is a cool addition to the new games... i spent all my recent cash on SCII though haha so i can't afford a new pokemon game too!

pkmn BW > SC2 D: Are people allowed to trade friend codes on these forums. That may help this guy out if he is bored.

I wouldn't if I were you. Remember, EVERYONE can see your FC here, plus you don't know them, and you can video and message chat with someone after you exchange them, so... Who knows if you end up getting some creepy dude constantly talking to you! cry_smile.png

gotta disagree with you on that.... SCII is a much better game with a higher replay value and more intellectually challenging game play... pokemon is very very good, ****** can't compare to something like starcraft ..... and ya, they should add private messasges to this to avoid creepy people getting shared friend ids and such

I bought it on release and I agree it is a great game but pokemon black and white are quite possibly the best ones in the series. They feel like THE pokemon game not just the new one. Just boils down the preference I suppose. Yes PM's would help with friend code swapping.

Thank goodness you need to have each other's Friend Codes in order to do anything, unlock an E-Mail address. But, I still wouldn't want to risk it.

Safety first! thumbs_up.png

truth, and really i suppose the two can't really be considered comperable. they are just too different when you really get down to it.

Zerg = caterpie infestation?

Yeah the audience pokemon draws in suppose friend codes are vital. Random matches will be fun I will have to give them a go at lv.100

Thank goodness you need to have each other's Friend Codes in order to do anything, unlock an E-Mail address. But, I still wouldn't want to risk it.

Safety first! thumbs_up.png

I've never quite understood why NSider forbade friend code sharing since it HAS to be mutual.

And if you don't like the guy you can remove them.

I don't see how you can be creepy over a Pokémon game.

Animal Crossing: Wild World, on the other hand, yeah, you have to trust who you exchange FC's with or else they'll ruin your town.

hmmm or weedle.. that one seems to look a little creepier! .... and ugh! zergling rushes are the bane of my SCII existance! i play terran mostly and dabble in protoss... can't figure out zerg though

and i think they require it becuase the audiance is supposed to be younger than it actually turns out being. ie, its for safety

Totally agree Ludwig. There is practically nothing you can do in black and white that can be seen as bad. Even the chat is presaved phrases and words. I play zerg ha! >.<

You can video and/or voice chat online after exchanging Friend Codes. Here's an example of how to be creepy:

"Hey, little boy! Wanna come over to my house? I live at <insert address="" here=""> and have lots of CANDY for you! Make sure to come at midnight!" devil_smile.png</insert>

Archived