Mark Anytime an Effect is on a Pokemon

Tomoyosfan1

One problem I've noticed a lot recently is that some Pokemon's abilities aren't marked on what they're affecting.

For example, I really like playing Klinklang, and I've had quite a few people try to attack with EXs, only to be confused why their attack does 0 damage. Another example would be today when someone played 3 Hypnotoxic Lasers before realizing what Virizion EX's ability does.

Since you do mark which Pokemon are affected by abilities such as Darkrai's Dark Cloak and Deoxys' Power Connect, why not show abilities like Klinklang's Plasma Steel, Mr. Mime's Bench Barrier, and Virizion's Verdant Wind?

Currently, there is a red marker on cards to show that they have an attached effect like their own ability or a Trainer card's effect. That generally signs for a player to look at the card and its attachments before declaring an action. Would you be suggesting something like a blue marker that states effects on the card with a detailed tooltip that lists effects and what is exerting them?

No, I'm suggesting to mark everything. Klinklang (PS), Mr. Mime, and Virizion EX are three examples of cards that don't make a red marker appear.

I fnd it pretty funny running my Genesect/Virizion EX against Lazerz.

I hate those lazerz, so I don't care. All lazerz users must perish 8D

I think personally it shouldn't matter, in the real card game none of the cards have markers on them. If players get confused at why their ex-s do 0 damage or why their lasers don't work its their own carelessness or ignorant attitude for not properly looking at their opponents cards. Its sad but they're more likely to learn this way. strictly speaking in a real game if you played down your lasers only to learn that it doesn't work on your opponent you shouldn't be allowed to take it back either.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey TOMOYOSFAN1,

thanks for the suggestion! The team loves hearing ideas from players so I'll pass this info along for review. I'll leave the thread open for discussion with other players in the meantime.

Archived