Abilities Like Plasma Steel And Safeguard Are somewhat unfair

AhmedS786

Hey guys, i was just in the thought that are abilities like Plasma Steel and Safeguard unfair??

Especially plasma steel, it prevents all the damage done to all of ur steel type pokemon by exes

So in a big match which consists of a lot of exes, this ability is somewhat unfair

Safeguard is bearable in a way as it prevents damage for only one pokemon, but plasma steel is really unfair!

What do u guys think??

Plasma Steel isn't really unfair. Reason?

1. It only protects your steel type pokemon. Yeah that'd be pretty crazy for a steel type deck *****... (Edit: I said "but" just with 3 "T"s -.-)

2. If someone has a deck that's heavily based on EX's and not many other pokemon, then they deserve it.

All in all, plasma steel is just a good counter for the people that load up their deck with EX's.

Otherwise, if you only have one or two Ex's; plasma steel shouldn't be much of a problem.

I am a Klinklang/Cobalion deck user and I don't think Plasma Steel is unfair. It increases the competitiveness of the game and what will you do to tackle EX heavy decks? Klinklang/Cobalion is helpful counter to Thundurus/Deoxys and such competitive decks should be in PTCGO. And will you let your Pokemon out in the open to get damaged? What will you do to protect your deck Pokemon (Steel-type)? You must use Plasma Steel Klinklang. Klinklang/Cobalion is a good deck which can tackle any EX heavy deck. And calling a card "unfair" is not good. And the other two are right, EXs aren't the only Pokemon you can play with. You can use a ton of other non-EX decks to counter Plasma Steel Klinklang. Just use your head.

I see where you are coming from, and I agree, Plasma Steel and Safeguard are annoying, but they most certainly are not unfair. Plasma Steel and Safeguard decks are just good at finding (and exploiting) weaknesses in popular decks. To beat those decks with an ex, Giratina is fairly cheap to trade for, and it's move Shred is not affected by anything, including Safeguard and Plasma Steel. I don't know, just a thought.

EXs are unfair. They have high HP, powerful attacks for low costs, unfair abilities, and are counted as Basics, so they can be unfairly used in conjunction with cards like Eviolite, Prism Energy, and Emolga.

I think Safeguard and Plasma Steel are a more than fair counter to EXs. Also, like the guy above me said, there are plenty of counters for these abilities: Garbodor, Giratina EX, Latias Ex, using anything other than EX, etc.

Plasma Steel and Safeguard are fair because it counter very strong decks eg. Thunderus/Deoxys/Kyurem Decks and some Exs can Penetrate the ability like Cobalion EX, Latias Ex and Genesect EX equipped with G Booster that ignore any effects the Pokémon has. I Run a Fully made Plasma Klinklang Deck with Cobalion ex, Jirachi Ex and Sometimes Registeel Ex, and it may be a difficult deck to defeat but it is not unfair with the abilities Plasma Klinklang has. Even a Mirror mode deck can defeat itself because of Cobalions Ex Steel bullet can penetrate any ability, effects and resistance (pretty much a armour piercing Pokémon).

But the actual reason why i don't like Plasma Steel is because your opponents steel type exes can do damage to your exes, but your exes cannot do damage to the steel type exes of your opponent!

The ability should have been something like - All of your steel type NON - EX pokemon cannot be dealt damage by ex pokemon!

I think this makes things more interesting for the game.Such as being prepared for any out come.And a question as well.Iv'e been looking my collection over and should have the zoroark promo bw09 in it.However;I don't. And I have 3 of the actual promo irl.And I know when I bought the promos I entered the codes last year.My question is has anyone else had the same problem.?

to end this once and for all, i'll say this. to counter Safeguard-like Abilities, Pokémon Tool cards and attacks effects, Nintendo made the following cards and effects: Genesect-EX G-Booster Tech Machine, Giratina-EX Shred attack, Latias-EX Barrier Break attack, Garbodor Garbotoxin ability, Non-EX Pokémon.

gee you must've thought you were pretty unstoppable with your full ex deck before you met plasmasteel and safeguard.

Archived