Non-EX decks that rule

Virtual-Dragon

I have a killer Ninja deck (Ninjask and Shedinja) that gives EX decks a run for their HP. :cool:

I just faced a guy 5 minutes ago that claimed decks that don't have EXs would lose most of the time. Half way through the battle I start knocking out his cocky EXs and he quits mid-battle. He says before he quits "Your deck is pretty good." LOL XD It's AWESOME!!

Plasma Blast is coming tomorrow and I was wondering if anybody has any ideas of non EX decks that I can make. I'm still trying to make a good Ninetales deck.

I'm gonna try to make ****** grass deck to scare all the water "My Little Pony" users. >:)

so any ideas? C:

BTW

I'm looking into some Suicune/Fire deck to counter most Genesect/Emboar decks to come.

even if I'll probably stick to my Lightning or Psychic decks ._.' I simply hope that less people will play with lazerz. I don't know why, but it annoys me like madly. Might just build a Grass/Water deck with Virizion EX.

I think there are a few good ex free decks you can make.

Im actually looking to build a Dragonite/Garbador deck. No items and no abilities seems pretty good. Though im not too sure what other pokemon to add into it since that isnt enough basics.

Dragoncall decks are pretty strong.

Weavile/Exeggcute works pretty well without Exs. With Electrode/Sableye thrown in as well.

Well garchomp/altaria will a poplular non ex deck you'll see with its great advantage over special energy dependents deck as well as the new poke tools of plasma blast.

Also ninetales/ammonguss will also have some popularity, as generally fire types will be popular and virizions ability will only counter the effect in between turns which doesn't matter because the attack will be done before the end of the turn.

so they naturally will be monster decks to several decks.

Cradily and Haxorus will have some lime light. Especially Drifblims.

masquerain, sigilyph PB, trubbish. fun fun.

I like and have used/use ditto, amoongus, sableye, raticate.

I also use Terrakion/Empoleon/exeggcute.

Got an awesome Durant in unlimited and it work really well and only the most optimal decks win when they have luck (Beware to be hate from other players. Poeple really dislike Durant deck :P.)With agood one you're opponent will often not lauch an attack. Pokemon collectors and jun arms are a must for this deck to work well so this may not work on modified.

I have an amazingly fun Raticate/Sableye Deck, but the introduction of Virizion EX pretty much kills it dead in the water...

The only recourse is to possibly tech in a Garbodor, but then that negates your Mr. Mime and also makes the Deck clunky.

Aka, Virizion EX! *shakes fists angrily towards the heavens*

Check out my Cradily Weavile Deck! I have a thread here on the forum named: Looking Forward to Plasma Blast - Cradily Weavile

I think is a cool deck I like this cool mechanics and combos you can make with cards rather than just using Big OP pokemons as the EXs are.

Also ninetales/ammonguss will also have some popularity, as generally fire types will be popular and virizions ability will only counter the effect in between turns which doesn't matter because the attack will be done before the end of the turn.

so they naturally will be monster decks to several decks.

Actually, Virizion will prevent all special conditions. Ninetales is great, but with Virizion completely preventing special conditions, he's no good.

I also play Ninja Bugs and it's really fun. I got the decklist from OverlordMMM, made a few mods of my own and it's pretty good. I run a 3-2 Accelgor which paired with Virbank City Gym, annoys the heck out of EXs.

Also, I run a pretty sweet normal deck (1 EX). 4-2-4 Exploud (Round is amazing), 1-1 Cleffable (helps get Exlpoud out), 1-1 Staraptor (shuffles away Pokemon!!!), and 1 Tornadus EX from DEX just for support.

Thanks for the mention Dr-Professor. :)

Accelgor+ Ninjask does work pretty well, and is currently my main deck. Still need to work out some bugs in it, but it's works out really well.

One deck I'm going to try making that's non Ex will be Carracosta Blastoise teched in with Suicune.

I also don't see Genesect Ex + Virizion Ex being used later on as much because of how clunky it seems to be, but Virizion Ex can easily be teched into a ton of decks.

To counter that I expect Garbodor with Garbotoxin to be used quite a bit, possibly alongside Accelgor to make up for the lack of Gothitelle decks. Gheistis will be especially useful now, though, so include those at 2 if you have them.

I use a normal Suicune/Terrakion deck (Non-EX) against EX decks.

Hey, quick question. I've always wondered what a Suicune/Terrakion deck looks like. Could you give me a decklist? Thanks.

Hey, quick question. I've always wondered what a Suicune/Terrakion deck looks like. Could you give me a decklist? Thanks.

Pokemon: 7

4 Suicune PB

3 Terrakion NVi

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 37

4 Professor Juniper

4 N

4 Skyla

2 Bianca

4 Pokemon Catcher

4 Switch

4 Silver Mirror

4 Eviolite

2 Ultra Ball

2 Energy Search

1 Revive

1 Tool Scrapper

1 Dowsing Machine

Also there are 2 Tropical Beaches in the list. I don't have Tropical Beaches that's why I didn't type.

Energy: 16

6 Water Energy

6 Fighting Energy

4 Double Colorless Energy

This is the one I'm working on. I need to get some of the cards first.

My roommate is using an interesting deck that runs Tool box Sigilyph and Tool Drop Trubbish. The deck is basically:

3x Sigilyph Tool Box

1x Sigilyph Safeguard

4x Trubbish Tool Drop

2-2 Masquerain Tool Reversal

With a bunch of tools, evoilite, float stone, exp share, silver bangles/mirrors, and other good stuff. Basic strategy is to stack the tool box sigilyph with tools and swing with trubbish doing 20x the number of tools in play for 2 energy. Masquerain allows you to move around tools. The one Safeguard Sigilyph is basically immune to Ex attacks and plasma with the silver mirror.

Overall it moves really fast and T2 it can start swinging from upwards of 100 damage easily with a good hand and supporters. Once hes fully setup he can freely retreat, do extra damage to EXs, resist up to 80 damage, prevent all damage from Plasma, and hit over to 200 damage with fully stocked up tools, not including additional damage with a bangle or weakness.

Seems like a pretty good deck since it has no EXs.

Here's what I had in mind for a way to counter Virizion with a Raticate Deck,

Raticate/Garbodor:

Pokemon: 16

4-4 Raticate

3-2 Garbodor

2 Sableye

1 Emolga

Supporters: 33

4 N

4 Juniper

3 Skyla

2 Bianca

4 Laser

3 Catcher

3 Level Ball

3 Float Stone

2 Silver Mirror

1 Ultra Ball

1 Super Rod

1 Enhanced Hammer

1 Tool Scrapper

1 Computer Search

Energy: 11

7x Dark Energy

4x DCE

If you don't know how Raticate works, the concept is simple, Raticate reduces any Pokemon to 10 hp for only DCE+Energy and then the Poison damage from Laser knocks them out. You then use Sableye next turn to Junk Hunt Catcher/Laser to allow for another snipe next turn, and as Raticate has free Retreat switching isn't a problem.

If needed you can recycle the Hammer/Scrapper depending on the match-up with Junk Hunt. And the Silver Mirror is really useful for keeping your Raticate alive long enough to do something.

here's my Deck that i have testing IRL. i call it Devolution Power. it does very well against Evolution decks.

Pokémon: 14

Archen x4(Prehistoric Call)

Archeops x2(Ancient Power)

Archeops x2(Swift Dive)

Golett x3(Nap)

Golurk x3(Devolution Punch)

Energy: 16

Fighting Energy x6

Psychic Energy x6

Double Colorless Energy x4

Trainers: 30

N x3

Cheren x3

Caitlin x3

Professor Juniper x2

Ultra Ball x3

Heavy Ball x3

Pokémon Catcher x3

Switch x3

Twist Mountain x2

Plume Fossil x4

Life Dew x1

the idea is to prevent my opponent's Pokémon from evolving with Archeops Ancient Power and devolve the evolved ones with Golurk Devolution Punch attack.

• 5 months later...

I'm using this grass deck. It works good, but it needs patches.

Serpentior (royal heal) 2

Seprentior (megadrain) 2

Servine 4

Snivy 4

Virizion EX 1

Genesect 1

mew EX 2

bouffalant 1

random receiver 1

Cheren 2

Skyla 1

Level ball 4

super rod 2

prof's letter 2

bianca 1

N 3

shauna 1

Colress 2

switch 2

great ball 2

evosoda 2

grass energy 14

double colourless 3

It's good, I always take at least 3 prizes. With just 1 retreat coast and 2 switches, you cane move around your pokemon and heal them (with royal heal + megadrain). Virizion nullifies H.T.lasers, and Mew can use Serperior's leaf tornado, to move your energies.

It is good, BUT I think it would be better like this. I don't have all the cards, not yet, but if you have them, then try!

Serpentior (royal heal) 2

Seprentior (megadrain) 2

Servine 4

Snivy 4

Virizion EX 2

Genesect EX 2

mew EX 1

Cheren 2

Skyla 3

Level ball 4

Super rod 2

prof's letter 2

bianca 1

N 1

Oak's new theo. 2

Colress 2

switch 2

Team Rocket's Trickery 3

Master ball 1

grass energy 16

plasma energy 2

I thought thiss was a thread for non-ex decks? why are there mew ex and virizion ex?

being able to take 3 prizes means nothing if you still end up losing in the end. there are decks that were designed to sacrifice a few prizes before making a comeback. if I payed my cofagrigus-flareon/shaymin ex deck I will always dump my cofagrigus voluntarily to boost my flareon's attack, and intentionally allow my opponent to draw prizes. every match I play is going to result in the opponent drawing at least 3 prizes, but its is by no means an indicator that my opponent's deck is any good

a bit hard to believe this deck can be considered good, there's no rare candy to accelerate the progress to serperior, feels like the main thing this deck has going for it are the exs(which goes against the whole point of this thread) and bouffalant, and I think even in your explaination of the deck's strategy has highlighted that mew ex is the star and the rest are just playing support. the serperior is healing 10 each turn and the other one only heals itself for 40, both of which are barely going to help it survive for very long.

if virizion is the idea for energy acceleration, then why use proffesor's letter to help deplete your deck of energy,it can be argued that you run a pretty high energy count, in which case the question becomes, why such a high energy count?

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Empoleon/Dusknoir (Empire), although it will have a very hard time against Thundurus EX (especially now that muscle band exists.) Greninja/Kindra is a pretty fun deck as well, although a little tricky for beginners. Beartic/Umbreon is fun as well. Sableye/Garbodor/Hammers is quite annoying and can be successful in the right metagame, although catcher being on a flip makes stalling a bit trickier than it used to be. Trubbish/Sigilyph has been mentioned already but it's very strong, worth mentioning again.

I just posted about a deck I've been trying out lately that is really fun to play, and really annoying for opponents. Check out the thread for the complete rundown, but here's the decklist:

[Pokemon] 14

3x Voltorb PF

2x Electrode PF

3x Shellder XY

2x Cloyster XY

3x Kyurem LTR

1x Victini LTR

[TSS] 34

4x Crushing Hammer

1x Drowsing Machine

3x Enhanced Hammer

4x Level Ball