Help with loading collection please?

twizzly

I'm new to the game -- desperately trying to set this up for my kid. I downloaded / reinstalled 100x. I recently used IE and put the app in the main dir (C:/pokemon). I am able to login, then the app locks up while it says "loading your collection...please wait". I can wait ... and wait... and wait... but no luck. I would really appreciate any help asap - kid's going nuts! Thanks so much!

Hi twizzly,

Please make sure that you have the newest audio and video drivers for your system.

The majority of crash issues are resolved by doing a full uninstall. Unfortunately, the game does not always remove the all of its associated files when it is uninstalled. Reinstalling the game while those files are still present can create a conflict within the program and cause it to crash at launch. This is a known issue and the development team is working on a fix for it.

Until the development team can put a fix in place, you can do a "full" uninstall by following the steps below:

1. Go to the Programs and Features section your computer's Control Panel. Select the game and uninstall it.
  2. Go to the directory where the game was installed. C:\Users\[your user]\AppData.
  3. The game stores files in the LocalLow and Roaming folders. Go into the LocalLow folder and delete the "The Pok_mon Company International" folder. Go into the Roaming folder and delete the "Pokemon Trading Card Game Online" folder.
  4. Empty your Recycle Bin.

Once you've completed this process, grab the latest installer from http://www.pokemontcg.com/download and reinstall the game.

Archived