you cannot tag this item for trade

OsirisSet

Hey, when I try to tag items for trade i seem to not be able to, can anyone explain to me why? I get the message "you cannot tag this item for trade because you own no tradable versions of it" It just makes no sense to me :s

Im not trying to trade items from the theme decks.

Any item you received for free (or in exchange for Trainer Tokens - as they are free) cannot be traded.

The only tradable items/cards are from payed-for codes that you can redeem in the store. I would assume you got your theme decks for free (Using Trainer Tokens) and therefore the cards and items that come with it are not tradable.

Hope that helps!

oh.. Yeah that would explain it. But it seems ridiculous to not be able to trade cards you receive from exchanging tokens :S worked hard for those tokens !

oh.. Yeah that would explain it. But it seems ridiculous to not be able to trade cards you receive from exchanging tokens :S worked hard for those tokens !

There are plenty of good arguments on both sides to be fair.. Currently I believe Nintendo want to restrict free players from trading in order to encourage them to buy a few codes.. So that's most likely why you can't trade.

If you could trade cards that you got for free, every card would be worthless. You could just register a hundred accounts then get tons of free cards every 5th day/do the trainer challenges and trade them to your main account.

Unless there was such a steep drawback or a lottery conversion system. I got so bored of trainer challenge, if the lottery system odds were slim I don't see many people making 50 accounts to do it and I think Nintendo should figure out that person by then.

I don't think Nintendo would WANT to "figure out" who that person was. Too much work to do something like that when they have an easy fix such as the system they have now.

Don't get me wrong.. I wanna trade a few cards that I got from online packs, but it makes sense what they are doing.

Archived