pokemon Card fan`s come, write your opinion

Rozesufr269

Hi for all..... i have lots of friend`s that also say "Now Pokemon card game is destroyed.... why ? of the BASIc super overpowered EX cards with 170hp++.... in the past, you have a much more strategy in game... you can use a lot more cards in game... that include stage 2 cards....... now lets say we have 4000+ Pokemon online cards in game..More then half cards are USSELEs.... let`s se starting the game... oh we got mewtwo ex 170hp... lets put DCE and win game. i know it`s still some counters for that, but still... WTH? I know the card creator want only money, but they can change it( I speak about pokemon card game ONLINE) they can add one more option to play Wihtout EX cards, like you can play modified format., then you would be able to play no ex card format.... that would help for game to use all cards where was usseles.... except terrible EX cards.... vote for this guys... if you have hope.. to have chance play without EX cards.....sorry for bad english i a`m learning.

When I first started playing with EX released, I did feel that those cards may have been overpowered a bit. After a week or two of playing, you will find that there are some very simple ways of taking them down without deviating from a standard theme deck. Anymore, I do not see the source of player's complaints with EX.

With the standard card game, I feel that things are going fantastically. A successful season just finished and new expansions are on the horizon that I am actually excited for. The TCGO team should be applauded for their efforts, diligence, and devotion to the project and I expect an even brighter future for the series as a whole.

The problem with Pokemon EX is that many evolutions do not offer the same strength, even for Stage 2 Pokemon. Very few Stage 2 Pokemon are only usable due to an ability, but many do not compare to the damage or ease of play a Pokemon EX has, especially since they are Basic Pokemon.

I will not applaud anyone for creating the current Pokemon EX because when anyone looks at a new card that's released in a set, many judge it based "How well does it do again a Pokemon EX"? There may be other benefits like "How well is it on the first turn" where something like Stunfisk from Dragons Exalted makes a great starting Pokemon, but many cards are considered "not good in the current format where Pokemon EX run rampant", which hurts a lot of otherwise playable cards. Its easier to center a deck around a particular EX (or group of EX) than to play many of the Stage 1 or Stage 2 Pokemon out there (as well as putting the support cards required to get those Stage 2 Pokemon out fast when there are many ways to search for a Basic Pokemon and place it on the bench even faster with less required effort/card combos.)

If only Stage 2 Pokemon could be Pokemon EX, then it wouldn't be as bad. Because they are all Basic, they come out all too quickly and can hit hard easily without any effort with any sort of setup.

Archived