Jirachi Ex + Super Scoop Up Discussion

OverlordMMM

These are two cards which everyone seems to have mixed feelings for which are coming up in Plasma Blast.

If you don't know what they are, Jirachi Ex is a 90HP Pokemon with an effect called Stellar Guidance that reads as follows:

"When you play this Pokémon from your hand onto your Bench, you may search your deck for a Supporter card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward."

it being 90 HP is a blessing and a curse. It's really easy to search for with level ball meaning only 1-2 copies is really needed in a deck that uses it, and it allows easy searches of supporters you may need.

Downside is the fact many decks can OHKO it for an easy 2 prizes. This is why I think it would be perfect to be paired up with Skyla and Scoop Up Cyclone.

Scoop Up Cyclone is an Ace Spec that reads: "Put 1 of your Pokémon and all cards attached to it into your hand."

I think they are a perfect match, however, in Dark decks or with any deck that runs Sableye. Here's how I'm thinking the pair of new cards could be used early on.

Turn 1 play Sableye with Junk Hunt. Play a Level/Ultra Ball to search for Jirachi. Use Jirachi to search for Skyla. Use Skyla to search for Scoop Up Cyclone. Use Scoop Up Cyclone to bring Jirachi back to hand. Then use Junk Hunt to add Scoop Up Cyclone and Level/Ultra Ball back to hand. (If you opened with Scoop Up cyclone you can search for Gheistis instead of Skyla with Jirachi)

This could be an easy set-up that would allow easy access on turn 2 to supporters like Gheistis, Colress, N, etc. Or if you want to keep Jirachi in hand you instead could search out Supporters that simply allow more consistent plays like Skyla, Shadow Triad, etc.

That's the best way I can see either card being used efficiently. Of course this also would allow Super Scoop Up to be in the deck to basically erase damage/ status effects from any of your Pokemon, which again would be very useful in decks like this.

What are your guys thoughts and opinions on these 2 cards, either separately or together?

That plan as a T1 seems like it would require a lot to be in your hand assuming you start with Sableye in the active you have 7 more cards including the draw for T1. You would probably need 1 level ball for Sableye, a switch, 1 Dark energy and then another pokeball, possibly might get stuck with an ultraball, so that would be 3 cards more needed. If you dont start with a level ball you are in even more trouble. It just seems like you need a lot going for you to get this off T1. not to mention if you only have 1 or 2 Jirachi in your deck. What happens if they are both prized? Then you would scoop your plans completely and just start building up your bench after burning a pokeball that you may not have needed to.

But it is an interesting idea once you get jirachi to your hand, a sableye in the active and scoop up cyclone in hand as well. It could allow you to get what you need each turn. Though you have to be wary of N's.

The same thing can be done but better and less riskier. With other pokemon. one that comes to mind is Milotic with Clear search. For 1 W energy it allows you to pull any 3 cards from your deck. yes it is a 2 step, but its pretty easy to get out T2 and with 110 hp and only risking 1 prize. It can usually survive at least 1 attack. meaning you can usually get at least 6 card you want from your deck before it goes down. Milotic can also retreat for only 1 energy. but once again this is also weakened due to Ns, though it is not affected by Ghetsis.

Idk it just doesn't seem worth it to me to waste those precious early turns you could be building up your bench, on something Gimicky like Jirachi.

That plan as a T1 seems like it would require a lot to be in your hand assuming you start with Sableye in the active you have 7 more cards including the draw for T1. You would probably need 1 level ball for Sableye, a switch, 1 Dark energy and then another pokeball, possibly might get stuck with an ultraball, so that would be 3 cards more needed. If you dont start with a level ball you are in even more trouble. It just seems like you need a lot going for you to get this off T1. not to mention if you only have 1 or 2 Jirachi in your deck. What happens if they are both prized? Then you would scoop your plans completely and just start building up your bench after burning a pokeball that you may not have needed to.

it sounds like your saying Jirachi is a must take route if running a deck. Remember its an option you can take. you may not need to play Jirachi at all, if you get the supporters or dont need any.

It is still arguebale if it is a waste of space or is consistent in a deck.

But Jirachi Ex can increase chance's of T1 ghetsis with luck if you get the first draw, simply from a level ball.

Cards like skyla will **** the point of getting such supporters and random reciever will very less likely pick up the 1/(10 or 5) supporters you have in the deck.

Additionally, cards like N can decide a game by turning the tables by shortening resources in opponents hand late game unable to counter your brand new set up. (This is certainly empathetic to many players.)

And Juniper/Skyla can solve a tight situation giving you access to resources and catcher

and all these fate deciding supporters should be more easily reached if running Jirachi in the deck.

it will put cards like ghetsis and N at their optimal moment of need and is searchable by simply a level ball/ultra ball. will it space prove worth it, we'll just have to find out.

Also running super scoop cycone just for jirachi. Well just to say if you are planning to get a supporter like N/Juniper that gets rid of your original hand. if you have super scoop up cyclone then it will be shuffled or discarded away. Obviously you can use it before discarding but you will discard Jirachi also.

well i know super scoop up cyclone will do really well in blastoise/emboar deck, although they dont run sableye so its only used for one.

they both deserve a place in the deck together i suppose.

running with sableye, will be really good in hydreigons deck, it be another form of max potion and the deck can get pokemon heavy. but the combo is specific for these sort of decks i think. but is achievable! :) :)

The example I used was an optimal approach to using them together in the same deck. You don't need to do all those plays, but it's more for setting up for future plays.

I was just saying that they -could- be teched into dark decks to give them even more of an edge. After all, if you don't have the plays at the time, you won't make them and instead go for something better for your situation.

Seems a waste in my opinion. Wasting a Junk Hunt option, an Ace-Spec, and a Deck slot on Jirachi, when you could just as easily accomplish a similar, albeit with less control, task with just a Random Receiver..

True, but what happens when you need a Juniper with one prize left and you draw an N? This is one of many reasons I really don't like Random Reciever.

If I were facing your deck, it would make me angry because you keep drawing the supporters. But, how could you defeat me? With Hypnostrike? Doubt it. It seems like a gimmicky deck that, while it makes sense, is not battle-worthy. Supporters don't win you the battle, Pokémon do. And I agree with you on the Random Receiver thing; I always get a Shadow when I need N :D

Archived