A Level Between Novice and Expert

BruhDuhMan

Can there be a PvP level between "Novice" and "Expert"?

I can do better than most Novice players, but I don't stand a chance against most Expert players.

Although I have a few EX and Plasma cards and use 2 "anti-EX" pokémon cards, I don't have the rare trainer, supporter, and special energy cards like most Expert players do.

Having a middle ground will do nothing as the current "Novice"/"Expert" system doesn't even work properly as anyone of any skill level can join "Novice" or "Expert", which means Weak Players can be found in Expert and Strong Players can be found in Novice.

They have to fix the current system first before doing something like that. It seems that they want to implement a Level/Exp system which might help, but adding another queue wont help at all.

Of course the solution suggested will help. Given that there are players that do stick to their corresponding level, there has to be a tier for players of their corresponding level. I think the fact that some players don't stick to their corresponding level is a different issue... Existing and just as important, but separate.

Except if the current system doesn't work because people don't stick to their own skill levels, then adding new levels wont change anything, Chris.

Therefore, its not a separate issue.

I'm new to this game but i'm just amazed that after 2 years, this game does not have a rank systems or something similar. Is it because the devs team is really small or they just don't care at all?

Well then they should just fix the issue of Experts in Novice, and vice versa, by doing the exp. idea AS WELL AS adding the middle ground. That way, once a player reaches a certain "check point" in there exp., they can only do Novice or Expert.

.. Maybe that "middle ground" could be kind of what we have now? Just a jumbled mix of anyone?

This suggestion has already been discussed far too many times. Check older, similar threads about this before a new, repetitive one is created again.

Except if the current system doesn't work because people don't stick to their own skill levels, then adding new levels wont change anything, Chris.

Therefore, its not a separate issue.

I do see two problems. One is people not sticking to their own level. The other one is some people not having a level because they are in-between. Fixing the first problem won't fix the second one in consequence. And while the first one is a problem difficult to resolve, the second one is extremely easy to resolve. People would still be complaining for the first problem, but not for the second one. I understand you disagree, but I just wanted to elaborate once more, only to make my side of the argument clearer.

Having a middle ground will do nothing as the current "Novice"/"Expert" system doesn't even work properly as anyone of any skill level can join "Novice" or "Expert", which means Weak Players can be found in Expert and Strong Players can be found in Novice.

They have to fix the current system first before doing something like that. It seems that they want to implement a Level/Exp system which might help, but adding another queue wont help at all.

You're right. No one stick to their levels, and it's a cop-out in my opinion, but there are some players who are "loyal" to their levels. Typical Novice is fairly easy, but Expert seems to be for people who actually go out to physically buy the expensive cards with a minimum of seven EX cards. Creating a middle level PvP may do some justice. Yes, we'll still have the cop-outs, but they were never that serious to me. I get like one of them every 7 -10 games.

This suggestion has already been discussed far too many times. Check older, similar threads about this before a new, repetitive one is created again.

Part of me is not surprised, but repetition just means a bigger demand for a quicker more efficient change.

It would definitely solve the problem a bit. 1 of the reasons Novice is so full of Expert decks, is because everyone who uses a tier 1.00001 deck goes to Novice as they can't compete with the tier 1 decks. It would also solve the other reason why Expert decks are often in Novice: those who want an easy win now have 2 easy difficulties to choose between. This would dilute them.

Diluting them wont solve the problem. It would just lead to 3 spread out queues with longer wait times but with the same Expert decks in all of them.

Archived