Mega Evolutions Announced

Ken92

Recent scans from the September issue of CoroCoro details that Mewtwo's new "form" is actually part of a battle-only evolution titled "Mega Evolution". Apparently, a Gym Leader will teach players about this new mechanic that requires the Pokémon in question to hold *****"Mega Stone"[/i]. The Pokémon that is holding the stone will get a special evolution, gaining a new shape, increased stats, different types, and possibly a new moveset.

Currently, only six or seven Pokémon have been shown to have a Mega Evolution.

In the TCG, could this hint at the revival of Lv.X as an item-dependant "Mega" stage or possibly even a Stage 3?

What are your thoughts?

Is posted it on here to spur discussion of the possible effects on the TCG. PokéCo re-released EX and may now re-release Lv.X as Mega Pokémon. The mechanics appear to mesh well, wouldn't you say?

these Pokémon have been officially announced: Mega Mewtwo, Mega Blaziken and Mega Lucario(wait for Mega Absol, Mega Ampharos and....... i dont remember)

Mega Mewtwo

Mega Lucario

Mega Blaziken (these have been confirmed

Mega Ampharos

Mega Mawile

Mega Absol (we must wait for these to be confirmed)

Mega Kangaskhan (some websites have confirmed it but the official site hasn't yet)

The point still needs to be asked; should players attached to the DPPt era be happy for the Mega Pokémon if they were to be made as a replacement for Lv. X cards?

For players who do not know what Lv.X Pokémon are, they are similar to an evolution (called "Level-Up") but only played on the same kind of Pokémon (Ampharos Lv.X on Ampharos :: Mewtwo Lv.X on Mewtwo). They could be noted as possibly being more powerful than an EX, but do not have the two-prize rule.

I foresee that those, along with Mega Stone cards that search your deck and specific cards like Lucarionite and Blazikenite that instant-level will be a big part of the X/Y series of cards. New strategies revolving around those cards would be a big counter to the vast EX strategies that dominate the game as is. It would be a fitting rotation for a new generation.

already made my own Mega Pokémon cards in the "99,999 things you would like to see in upcoming pokémon games" thread. check them out.

The point still needs to be asked; should players attached to the DPPt era be happy for the Mega Pokémon if they were to be made as a replacement for Lv. X cards?

For players who do not know what Lv.X Pokémon are, they are similar to an evolution (called "Level-Up") but only played on the same kind of Pokémon (Ampharos Lv.X on Ampharos :: Mewtwo Lv.X on Mewtwo). They could be noted as possibly being more powerful than an EX, but do not have the two-prize rule.

I foresee that those, along with Mega Stone cards that search your deck and specific cards like Lucarionite and Blazikenite that instant-level will be a big part of the X/Y series of cards. New strategies revolving around those cards would be a big counter to the vast EX strategies that dominate the game as is. It would be a fitting rotation for a new generation.

Do you think that there'll be any limitations on how many you can use (not just the 4 cards per deck)? In X & Y only one will be able to be used per battle, so there could be a limit like 1 per deck or only can be in play at a time.

EDIT: BTW There's a list on a rumor of Pokémon that might get Mega evos on PJN.

Mega Absol reminds me of Princess Twilight from My Little Pony. I don't know why. It just does. Maybe the wing like things on its back...

also, Mega Ampharos has been confirmed to be an Electric/Dragon type! Sweet! I love Ampharos!

Archived