Trading Zoroark BW 9 promo for Plasma Blast packs

ESCgoat

As the title says, I'm willing to trade off one of my ultra rare Zoroark BW 9 promo cards for Plasma Blast packs when they come out. There were a couple of people interested in it when Plasma Freeze came out, but I wanted to wait on selling it because I was more interested in the Plasma Blast set.

This will be an auction-style sale, with a high starting price because I paid a high price in cards to acquire it (160 card-trade value). I will accept only Plasma Blast packs. Whoever offers the most when the set becomes available online will be the winner (time has been projected to be somewhere around August 14th). Payment will be due within 3 days of the release of Plasma Blast online.

Bidding starts at 160 Plasma Blast packs.

I see it getting sold for as high as 200 packs. So some people are willing to pay a price higher than what my opening bid is set at.

160 packs for a card that is inferior to the secret rare version? Good luck with that.

I think you're mixing up this promo with the Punishment version from the boxed Zoroark set, aren't you???

The b/w 9 promo has the same stats as the SR & B/W version.

What exactly do you do with an ultra-ultra-rare card that you wouldn't even want to put in a deck because the merely ultra-rare version of the same card (SR Zoroark) looks so much cooler?

Not for it's utility.

Not for looks.

Not for flipping, since you are paying so much for it there is not a lot of upside potential.

That leaves logging on every day just to stare at it and bask in the warm glow of knowing that you possess an unremarkable card few other people have. The only remarkable feature being that so few people have it.

What exactly do you do with an ultra-ultra-rare card that you wouldn't even want to put in a deck because the merely ultra-rare version of the same card (SR Zoroark) looks so much cooler?

Not for it's utility.

Not for looks.

Not for flipping, since you are paying so much for it there is not a lot of upside potential.

That leaves logging on every day just to stare at it and bask in the warm glow of knowing that you possess an unremarkable card few other people have. The only remarkable feature being that so few people have it.

Exactly... it's mainly for those who are completists, trying to achieve a complete collection in the online game.

Well, them and the people who might wanna show off that they have the rarest of rares. ;)

Exactly... it's mainly for those who are completists, trying to achieve a complete collection in the online game.

Well, them and the people who might wanna show off that they have the rarest of rares. ;)

This is what I figured and why I'm led to believe, as I said before, people would not be that desperate for this card at 160 packs or anywhere near that JUST to complete a set. Especially not of the newest expansion to just be released.

I have to defend ESCGoat by saying that i sold them for upwards of 200 Plasma Freeze packs when that set had just been released. Whether or not it happens again depends on who wants them, but it could happen that i promise you.

It's true people trade over 200 packs for it but very less people trade that much. When a new set is released, more people want to trade for BW9. It's possible trading BW9 for 160+ PB packs when it will newly release.

It's true people trade over 200 packs for it but very less people trade that much. When a new set is released, more people want to trade for BW9. It's possible trading BW9 for 160+ PB packs when it will newly release.

But that baffles me. If you were to buy two codes for $1 off of ebay or something, 160 packs still works out to be $80. I literally cannot comprehend why people would pay $80 for one virtual trading card. Even the most popular cards in rotation right now go for 12-15 packs each at most. So 160 packs for a card simply to complete a collection does not make sense to me.

Only collectors and big traders pay over 160 packs for BW9, really less people. If you were on for months, you'll find less than one person paying for BW9. There are some people with a huge collection in PTCGO, if they feel like getting a BW9 they trade for it. Some pay packs and others pay cards, valuable cards.

That is true, I didn't factor in the fact that good pulls can net you even more packs (and more, and more, etc.) Still, 160 packs is a huge price to pay for one card, especially from the newest expansion.

Archived