Trainer Challenge AI Decks

StonedShadowe

Hey guys, I am new to this game just downloaded it today and played 1 match each against the first 3 trainers in the gold league. I was wondering if a trainer always uses the same deck and if so what deck does each trainer use? That way I know which deck to use out of the 3 starting decks. When I played the 3rd trainer I used the same deck I had been because I understand that after winninga certain number of matches against different trainers u unlock that deck is this correct? The deck I was using was the red deck n got beat because he used water pokemon. I wouldnt have used it if I know that was the deck he was using. One more question what happens when I fill up the meter underneath the trainers? Seems like I remember reading you get some reward for filling the meter but cant remember what it was.

To recap:

1. Do trainers always use the same deck and if so which deck does each one use?

2. After winning against different trainers with 1 deck is it true I unlock the deck I used? And how many do I have to beat to unlock said deck?

3. What happens when I fill the meter beneath the trainers?

Thank you for your time.

1. Yes it seem like the opponents on trainer challenge (even on practice mode maybe) use the same deck depending of what kind of difficult level you select(novice-expert)

2.I think you need 7 times to use the same basic deck theme in order to unlock it for other modes like pvp(for no basic deck themes like the ones you unlock with tokens or giving really money you can simply select clone and is already ready to play it for every mode you want)

3. 1-3 star= tokens and 4 star= 1 booster pack

Special price (4 booster packs) if you complete 4 star for all city trainers (you can unlock only 3 special prices)

Also every deck theme have a over wins complete reward but still i don't clearly figure out how to take an over win!!

After you unlock all these trainer challenge no use anymore!!

Thank you, your answers were most helpful. It does however raise 2 more questions. 1) What is an over win? 2)What deck does each trainer use? With this information it is possible to prevent unneccesary loses, due to using a deck that has the weakness of the trainer deck.

Sara is referring to the "Ovarall Wins" statistic situated above the "Deck Unlock" counter on the right side of the deck selection. Most decks have a maximum of over 30 for the overall wins. Currently, there is no known use for that counter.

When you are playing through on the easy difficulties, you may see small icons on the trainer's portrait that denote their theme. Also, if you go to pokemontcg.com and select "Backgrounds" in the Community menu, there are a variety of backgrounds displaying the trainers and their deck types.

Archived