2 vs 2 Games?!!?

Deathlolz

I think it would be awesome if there were 2 vs 2 battles, they should implement this into the game! who else agrees?! :confused:

Hi Deathlolz,

Great suggestion! I'll let the Dev team know about this one and leave this thread open for discussion in the meantime.

As always, we appreciate your input!

Hi Deathlolz,

Great suggestion! I'll let the Dev team know about this one and leave this thread open for discussion in the meantime.

As always, we appreciate your input!

Thanks!

Thanks!

The mods always talk about passing on the info with the dev team, but I have yet to see any update reflecting the community's suggestions unfortunately.

Hi Red_Champion1,

While we do pass all potentially viable suggestions along to the Dev team, we cannot guarantee which ones will make it into the game. There are a number of factors which would prevent certain ideas from working within the game, but that does not mean that we don't appreciate the thoughtfulness and enthusiasm put into each and every suggestion.

With that being said, any suggestions that make it into the game cannot be implemented overnight. We really appreciate you sticking with us through each update, and we can assure you that your ideas are being heard!

Thanks for playing!

How would these 2 vs 2 Games be played?

Both players set down 3 prize cards so each team has 6.

Each player has 1 active pokemon and each team shares 4 slots for benched pokemon.

A team wins when both players have drawn all their prize cards or if one of their opponents run out of active pokemon.

A player makes his moves every other turn for the team.

...borrowed some ideas from some YuGiOh tag rules, hehe.

I can't help but draw some parallels between PokemonTCGO and YGO Pro

since they're both online versions of card games I really enjoy. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

*edits*

but IMO, regular 1v1 double battles should come before this.

Or maybe not at all since double battles aren't in focus as much anymore(?)

I honestly haven't encountered an attack that explicitly states "both defending pokemon" or "each active pokemon" since the Platinum expansion.

• 2 weeks later...

The way I could see 2v2 would be...

- Each player sits across from their teammate, with opponents on either side of them.

- Players start as normal, but lay down three prizes and only have two bench slots along with their active Pokémon.

- In the event a player has no basic Pokémon in their hand when starting, proceed as the single-player rule, but both opponents draw a card. If neither player of a team had a basic Pokémon, it is still only a one card penalty. If only one player in the match had a basic Pokémon, the other players shuffle and redraw as normal with no card penalty.

- Flipping coins, players decide which of their team will go first and then which team will begin, thus making a round-the-table pattern.

- As for attacking, developers would have the choice of letting players pick the target (lets a gang-up happen) or locking the target as the next or previous player (teams rely on fending for each other - my favorite).

- When a card refers to an opponent's benched Pokémon, it may refer to all benched Pokémon as there is no major change in that regard.

- When a card refers to an opponent's active Pokémon, deck, discard pile, or hand, it refers to the targeted opponent's cards only.

- If a player has no prizes left when they make a KO, their teammate may draw a prize.

- If a player does not have any Pokémon in play at the beginning or end of their turn or cannot draw any cards, their team gets a prize penalty awarded to the next player of the opposing team.

To be honest, I do not remember if the old 2v2 rules were like this or not.

Archived