What is the best/fastest way to collect cards to build a deck?

Yanto148

Hi all,

It's my first post here so let me introduce myself a little bit. I'm quite new to Pokémon... well, I watched the tv series like, 10 years ago, and I had some Pokémon cards back then. But I never really played the card game and I never played the video games either.

So recently I got into the online card game, finding there are a lot new Pokémon I don't know. I played some of the trainer challenge, unlocked some cards and started building a deck.

But I soon found this deck to be terrible, so I started looking for some advice. And that's how I stumbled upon this very interesting article: [LINK REMOVED]

That's exactly what I did wrong in my deck: 4-3-2 lines, basic pokemon without an evolution, too many energy cards, too few trainer cards, ...

So I wanted to change all that, and build a deck with a certain strategy behind it... but I found my possibilities very limited as I have only a few cards yet to build a deck with.

So my question is: how do I get some decent cards to build a deck around? I'll keep playing the trainer challenge to unlock new cards. But:

- Shoud I switch decks after I won 7 times in trainer challenge, as you unlock the deck after that (I think)?

- What happens if you get the overall wins in trainer challenge with a theme deck (like overall wins 36/36), do you get some extra cards?

- Should I spent tokens to a 95 booster pack, or wait and spent them on a 500 deck?

- Are there any other ways to receive these tokens, other than to login every day and playing the trainer challenge?

The quickest way to get cards is to buy decks and packs with real money, but if you're going the free route, I'll answer your questions and add some more tips.

Yes, it takes 7 wins to unlock a deck. Winning more times does not by itself unlock more cards for you to use in multiplayer. Having 36/36 overall wins does not unlock anything else, either. On the other hand, you can obtain packs by earning 30k points per person in the Trainer Challenge. You can earn 45 packs total this way (1 pack per person. 12 people in a tournament. 3 bonus packs per tournament if you get everyone to 30k points. 3 tournaments.)

I would recommend spending coins on decks, especially if you are new to the game. Many of the decks include trainers that many decks need, like the Hypnotoxic Lasers found in the Plasma decks.

Log on every day. On the third day you should unlock a basic Fighting deck which includes Pokemon Catchers. Every five days after that, you should get a free pack full of (untradeable) cards.

The quickest way to get cards is to buy decks and packs with real money, but if you're going the free route, I'll answer your questions and add some more tips.

Yes, it takes 7 wins to unlock a deck. Winning more times does not by itself unlock more cards for you to use in multiplayer. Having 36/36 overall wins does not unlock anything else, either. On the other hand, you can obtain packs by earning 30k points per person in the Trainer Challenge. You can earn 45 packs total this way (1 pack per person. 12 people in a tournament. 3 bonus packs per tournament if you get everyone to 30k points. 3 tournaments.)

I would recommend spending coins on decks, especially if you are new to the game. Many of the decks include trainers that many decks need, like the Hypnotoxic Lasers found in the Plasma decks.

Log on every day. On the third day you should unlock a basic Fighting deck which includes Pokemon Catchers. Every five days after that, you should get a free pack full of (untradeable) cards.

All right, thanks. But a deck costs 500 tokens, it seems quite difficult to get that. And if I do, I can only buy one deck, getting another 500 to buy a 2nd deck is gonna be very hard, right? :(

Hi Yanto148,

Just a quick reminder that posting links to websites other than official Pokémon sites is not permitted. For a full explanation of this rule and others, please visit the Official Forum Code of Conduct.

Thanks!

Oh sorry, I didn't know that. I'll keep it in mind.

No, not really. You get a login bonus of 15 coins a day, 10 coins for playing one online match, up to 15 coins for playing flash games on the main Pokemon website (http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-fun-zone/pokemon-online-games), and a coin here or there for winning battles in the Trainer Challenge. That's at least 40 coins a day. Once you factor in the points you don't get every fifth day, it takes exactly two weeks of playing to buy one deck.

Archived