Earn Championship Points online.

Spartanclone001

I really enjoy playing Pokemon TCG and competing for Championship points! The competitive vibe at these premier events is one the many reasons why I enjoy this game so much. However, I live in an area where most of my premier tournaments are a lengthy commute away, with many tolls along the route, and the high cost of fuel deterring my plans to participate has been a real concern for me. Lately, I have been finding that it is just more convenient to play Pokemon on my computer than it is, say, going to my local hobby shop/league. Nevertheless, PTCGO has the "tournament" mode now, is it possible to add the option to earn Championship Points here, too? If so, that would be a fantastic idea because it would be another incentive for the Pokemon community to invest more into PTCGO cards, and provide players with an easy (regarding ease of commuting to) to earn Championship points option.

Thank you for reading!

Interesting suggestion - but one of the problems is that the number of Tournaments that the TCGO staff hope to be running in the future FAR exceeds the number of tournaments happening in Real Life - even if the points were scaled down online it would be far too easy for people to farm Championship points off of the online tournaments

Hi Spartanclone001,

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll be passing this along to the development team for review. In the meantime, this thread will remain open for discussion.

As always, we appreciate your input.

Interesting suggestion - but one of the problems is that the number of Tournaments that the TCGO staff hope to be running in the future FAR exceeds the number of tournaments happening in Real Life - even if the points were scaled down online it would be far too easy for people to farm Championship points off of the online tournaments

I don't understand what you are saying.

She could be referring to how hosting a tournament online would be easier, and possibly much more common, than in a physical format. Likewise, because of the semi-anonymous abilities players have, they can manipulate the system to receive points they did not truly earn. Say a player makes multiple accounts and enters them all in the tournament. They could knock out legitimate players while taking a dive to the abuser's main account.

Sounds kinda like a friend scooping to you at a tournament to help you advance or get championship points. Unethical play will always exist--both in person and online.

Archived