Mew Ex Versatile ability help!

TrainerTrickie

So Mew Ex's ability versatile. Does it need the correct TYPE as well as the amount?

I think it would be necessary to have the correct type but a friend thinks not!

So Mew Ex's ability versatile. Does it need the correct TYPE as well as the amount?

I think it would be necessary to have the correct type but a friend thinks not!

Yes, you need the correct type of energy as well :)

Is this a similar case with Kecleon? That card confuses me and can be interpreted different ways I feel. Does Kecleon have to have the energy or the defending Pokémon?

Kecleon and Mew Ex need the energy on it in order to attack, there is no short cut of using an attack without fulfilling the requiring elements and amounts to use any possible attacks available. (prism energy can cover all types since they both are basic)

Zoroark Foul Play is the only pokemon able to use an attack without the actually copying the energy requirements in order to use the attack.(mew ex versatility allows it to use foul play and use an attack from the active pokemon only)

i do have a question on topic, seeing how Drifblim PB can attack with no energies if opponent has 3 plasma pokemon in play

Drifblim attack cost will literally change so then mew ex should be able to attack without any energy also.

Is that correct, anyone already been able to discover this? lol

Thank you, thank you for your replies. I was trying to explain to a friend, I think if used wisely, Mew Ex can be a very useful & powerful card.

i do have a question on topic, seeing how Drifblim PB can attack with no energies if opponent has 3 plasma pokemon in play

Drifblim attack cost will literally change so then mew ex should be able to attack without any energy also.

Based on my understanding of the rules surrounding that card, Drfiblim's attack will have no attack cost due to its ability - and therefore Mew EX should be able to use the attack without any energy.

I would believe not, because it is only as a result of drifblims ability that drifblim's attack cost becomes 0. Mew EX does not copy the ability of any pokemon, only it's attack, therefore it would only copy the attack ( including it's cost )

Correct me if I am wrong :)

Confusing question, but Surviver66 is correct in the Drifblim/Mew scenario. Mew copies an attack as it is printed on the card - not counting any effects on that Pokemon. Drifblim's Derail costs *** so that's what Mew copies, regardless of whether Drifblim's cost is reduced. Tbh though the scenario is pretty unlikely to happen. Why attack with Mew if you can just attack with the Drifblim and only lose one prize instead of two? Drifblims wouldn't be that hard to stream.

Archived