The Noi'Tul Region

DoctorEeveeDash

Are you tired of tier decks like TDK or Blastoise/Keldeo?

Do you strive for a better PTCGO experience?

Do you actually know how to type correctly?

If you've said yes to all three of the above questions, then 'The Noi'Tul Region' is for you!

I am DoctorEeveeDash. You've probably seen me in the lobbies being opinionated on one thing or another, or hunting cards for my Team Plasma Eeveelution deck. I really hate forums, but it's time to give the forums something with more class.

Now then, don't get me wrong, I'm not starting a thread to be a bully, or to make anyone feel bad. But this thread has rules.

1: You can not run more than five Pokemon EX cards in your deck. EX should be used to accent your deck, NOT the main focus.

2: You may not run anything that is considered tier. If you didn't make the deck yourself, it's not yours and you have no business running it.

'It is the journey, not the destination, that counts

To be a great Pokemon Trainer you must master three concepts.

2-1: Creativity. Create your own deck, by all means, use what is available to you, but make sure you have reason.

2-2: Know your cards. If you don't have the experience, you won't be able to use them to their full potential.

2-3: Control your luck. Don't rely on the flip of a coin, or the draw of a card.

3: Do not troll, or purposefully enrage others. Playful banter is encouraged, and so are tricky strategies.

'Win with tact, lose with grace.'

4: Try your best to use proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. (Nobody is perfect, but you must at least try. Using the letters U, R, Y, etc. in place of words is not acceptable.

5: Respect the Hierarchy, and have fun.

Now for the Hierarchy.

LEADER:

This is me, DoctorEeveeDash, I will follow the rules I expect everyone else to.

When it comes to group votes I have 30% of the total vote. And I can veto things if I deem it necessary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

POKEMON PROFESSORS (3):

Requirements: These are hand picked by me. They form the second in command of the chain.

Responsibilities: As a Pokemon Professor you are required to recruit new Trainers, help them in any way you can, occasionally host events (you don't have to give cards as prizes, but if you do they come from your own collection.), and in general spread the word about The Noi'Tul Region thread.

Rewards: As a Pokemon Professor you have 10% say in any group vote. You are looked upon with the highest authority. And you have an important role in the trainers that ARE and AREN'T part of the Noi'Tul Region.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NURSES (4):

Requirements: You must be kind. You must also undergo a simple interview with me.

Responsibilities: You are there to guide new Trainers to their next destination, and to give them tips like a Pokemon Professor, but without such a requirement on amount of knowledge known. You must also try to keep the peace. While Officers are there to ENFORCE the rules, Nurses are there to be witnesses an neutral parties to make sure no Officer abuses their power.

Rewards: As a Nurse, you are on the same level as Officers, you are the ones who look out for others. Trainers will look up to you as long as you do your job right.

Nurses also get 5% say in group votes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OFFICERS (4):

Requirements: You must be honest. You must also undergo a simple interview with me.

Responsibilities: You are the trusted eyes and ears of the Noi'Tul Region thread. Any problems you see, you have the authority to address them provided there is an actual problem. If you are unsure ask a Pokemon Professor or me.

Rewards: Again Same as above. You are the elite guards of Noi'Tul, don't let us down.

Trainers will look up to you as long as you do your job right.

Officers also get 5% say in group votes.

POKEMON MASTERS (?):

Requirements: Obtain all 12 Badges, and beat 3 Trainers of Rank XII or above. (For the sake of preventing confusion. Pokemon Professors, and Rank 11 and 12 Gym Leaders all count as Rank XII or above.)

Responsibilities: You are what other Trainers should strive to be, make sure that you are an extraordinary role-model for them.

Rewards: You can use 8 EX Pokemon in your deck.

GYM LEADERS (12):

To become a Gym Leader you must first battle Me, and at least two of the Pokemon Professors. You do not have to win. Once you've battled each of us, we will determine what rank you are as a Gym Leader. (You are allowed to use the maximum 5 EX's when trying out for Gym Leader ownership.) Once you have been given a Gym Rank, you will be allowed to choose what type or types your deck runs, and you can name your Gym and Badge. You are allowed to edit your deck provided that it's theme remains the same.

(Also a note on Theme's, your theme can not be the same as any other Gym Leaders, it must be YOUR theme and yours alone.)

You may also recruit certain Trainers to act as challenge requirements. In order to have a chance at you, those trying to get your badge must beat these trainers first. You may have up to three of these trainers. And they are an extension of you, so you are responsible for their behavior.

As a Gym Leader you are allowed a certain number of EX cards in your deck, based on what Rank your Gym is. For every 2 Ranks your Gym is, you are allowed to use 1 EX.

Any Trainers who you have acting as challenge requirements are allowed to have one less EX than you do in your deck.

If no one has obtained your badge in a full week, and we receive complaints that you're not accepting challenges, your Gym will be put under review.

Rank 12 Gym (Allowed 6 EX)

Rank 11 Gym (Allowed 6 EX)

Rank 10 Gym (Allowed 5 EX)

Rank 9 Gym (Allowed 5 EX)

Rank 8 Gym (Allowed 4 EX)

Rank 7 Gym (Allowed 4 EX)

Rank 6 Gym (Allowed 3 EX)

Rank 5 Gym (Allowed 3 EX)

Rank 4 Gym (Allowed 2 EX)

Rank 3 Gym (Allowed 2 EX)

Rank 2 Gym (Allowed 1 EX)

Rank 1 Gym (Allowed 1 EX)

TRAINERS (??):

Trainers don't have requirements, responsibilities, or rewards. They are simply the citizens of the Nio'Tul region. They are expected to follow rules and be respectful of each other. While they don't obtain rewards, they can participate in events, earn badges and titles, and they can aim to be Pokemon Masters. (The main benefit of being a Pokemon Master is being able to use 3 More EX cards in your deck than any trainer.)

Pre-Master: If you have obtained all 12 Badges, and have beaten someone of Rank XII or higher, you are a Pre-Master Trainer. You are allowed to use Six EX cards in your deck, and If you beat two more trainers of Rank XII or higher you become a Pokemon Master.

12 Badges: Once you have obtained your final badge, you become a Rank XII Trainer. You can also qualify to become a Pre-Master Trainer by beating someone of your Rank or above.

11 Badges: Once you have obtained your eleventh badge, you become a Rank XI Trainer.

10 Badges: Once you have obtained your tenth badge, you become a Rank X Trainer. From here you are considered a Senior Trainer and as such you must be a good role-model for trainers lower than you.

9 Badges: Once you have obtained your ninth badge, you become a Rank IX Trainer, AND you are allowed to use the suggestion box. (Which really means you can post suggestions in our forum.)

8 Badges: Once you have obtained your eight badge, you become a Rank VIII Trainer, AND you gain the title 'Expert Trainer'

7 Badges: Once you have obtained your seventh badge, you become a Rank VII Trainer.

6 Badges: Once you have obtained your sixth badge, you become a Rank VI Trainer.

5 Badges: Once you have obtained your fifth badge, you become a Rank V Trainer.

4 Badges: Once you have obtained your fourth badge, you become a Rank IV Trainer, AND you gain the title 'Advanced Trainer'

3 Badges: Once you have obtained your third badge, you become a Rank III Trainer.

2 Badges: Once you have obtained your second badge, you become a Rank II Trainer.

1 Badge : Once you have obtained your first badge, you become a Rank I Trainer. You are now on your way to becoming a Pokemon Master

0 Badges : With 0 Badges you are a Rank O Trainer. You are now eligeble to challenge the Gym Leaders.

New Trainer : As a New Trainer, you start out with the Rookie title. You become a Rank O Trainer once you have beaten at least one other New Trainer.

WHO'S WHO:

-Name- = Person who fills the role.

(Reserved) = No one is allowed to fill this role except a certain person in question.

(Closed) = No one is allowed to fill this role, because it is not ready yet.

(Open) = You may apply for this role.

(None) = No one has applied for this role

The Leader: DoctorEeveeDash

Pokemon Professor: AbsolHero

Pokemon Professor: (Reserved)

Pokemon Professor: (Reserved)

Nurse: DMCTrish

Nurse: (None)(Open)

Officer: (None)(Reserved)

Officer: (None)(Open)

Gym Leader Rank 1: (None)(Closed)

Gym Leader Rank 2: (None)(Closed)

Gym Leader Rank 3: (None)(Closed)

Gym Leader Rank 4: (None)(Closed)

Gym Leader Rank 5: (None)(Closed)

Gym Leader Rank 6: (None)(Closed)

Gym Leader Rank 7: (None)(Closed)

Gym Leader Rank 8: (None)(Closed)

Gym Leader Rank 9: (None)(Closed)

Gym Leader Rank 10: (None)(Closed)

Gym Leader Rank 11: (None)(Closed)

Gym Leader Rank 12: (None)(Closed)

Current Pokemon Masters:

(None)

Current Trainers:

New Trainer:

(None)

Rank O:

(None)

Rank I:

(None)

Rank II:

(None)

Rank III:

(None)

Rank IV:

(None)

Rank V:

(None)

Rank VI:

(None)

Rank VII:

(None)

Rank VIII:

(None)

Rank IX:

(None)

Rank X:

(None)

Rank XI:

(None)

Rank XII:

(None)

Pre-Master:

(None)

Text on this page is subject to change when necessary.

• 1 month later...

I like this idea, though I need to build up a stock of cards since I only just started the TCGO yesterday, and I'm not all too familiar with this meta (after being out of the scene for 2-3 years). I last played in Platinum: Supreme Victors, and still have my Charmelectwo deck, so I'll be interested in looking out for secretly OP cards as I gather them from the Trainer Challenge.

Archived