Must Detour to get to Player vs. Player mode

PikaB

(Prelude: I admit that when doing the trainer challenge, I did play a few games at the "beginner" level. But all of the recent games, in trainer challenge or in player-vs-player, were at expert level.)

At the "landing screen", if I now select "Single Player" and then "Quick Game", instead of being taken to the PLAY "Select Your Mode of Play" screen, I am instead taken directly to the beginning of a game, where I must play a theme deck against the computer. When that game is over (or if I quit), my only choices are to go back to the landing screen or play another game against the computer. The ONLY way I can now get to the PLAY "Select Your Mode of Play" screen (where I can select VERSUS MODE, which is what I want, in order to do player-vs-player), is to go elsewhere from the landing screen (Cards, Shop, etc.) and then when I am out of the landing screen, click on the triangle Play icon at the left of the top row of icons. That will finally take me to the PLAY "Select Your Mode of Play" screen.

I didn't used to have to take this detour when I wanted to log in and play a player-vs-player game. How can I get back to having "Quick Game" take me to the PLAY "Select Your Mode of Play" screen instead of starting a beginner game against the computer?

Hi PikaB,

Thanks for your report. I've experienced the same. While I don't have any advice for you, we will pass this along for review. I'll leave the thread open in case anyone has a tip or two!

This is an intentional change, and is part of the new player experience that we're working on. I'll be posting an article in the next week or so covering this new aspect of the game client.

You can reach Player vs. Player by selecting Multiplayer from the landing page. That will bring up a sub-menu containing Player vs. Player, Friend Battle and Deck Manager.

Archived