A Snorlax Blocks Your Path

norwegianwood81

Looking at ways to improve the Quad Snorlax build I'm working with.

For those who don't know what Quad Snorlax is, a brief synopsis...

You play out Snorlax (Plasma), which causes your opponent to not be able to retreat without Switch effects. Then, you use Hypnotoxic Laser to poison the defending pokemon, preferably an EX so you can collect double prizes. Use Hammer-time to reduce the defender of KO ability. Virbank City Gym speeds things up by dealing 3 counters a turn. Very quickly, you work to get as many Snorlax into play as possible so if they KO your active, you have another ready to go. If things go wrong and they Switch and you don't have another Hypnotoxic, you swich to "deck them out" mode. Use Colress to cycle cards back into your deck, but avoid N, because it resets the opponent as well. Avoid using Juniper in this deck because of this reason... I don't want to deck myself.

Here is the list...

Pokemon

4 Snorlax (Plasma)

Items

4 Revive

4 Team Plasma Ball

4 Pokemon Catcher

4 Switch

4 Hypnotoxic Laser

3 Enhanced Hammer

3 Crushing Hammer

2 Heavy Ball

1 Bicycle

Gyms

4 Virbank City Gym

Supporters

4 Colress

4 N

4 Skyla

4 Shadow Triad

2 Ghetsis

eh, not bad idea. but the small amount of Pokémon in your deck reduces the chances of drawing them in your first hand. you must get at least 1 to proceed. this deck has future, so GL(thumbs up)

Either have 3 heavy ball/0 plasma ball or 3 plasma ball/0 heavy ball. if you only have 4 pokemon and at least one has to be in play to compete, then why have 6 pkmn finding items? makes no sense... I'd replace with max potions, IMO. with no energy in this deck, it can stall the opponent even longer.

I've also seen this deck with life dew, which is a huge pain for the opponent if they are finally able to put the finishing blow on one of your snorlaxes.

Here is the list...

Pokemon

4 Snorlax (Plasma)

Items

4 Revive

4 Team Plasma Ball

4 Pokemon Catcher

4 Switch

4 Hypnotoxic Laser

3 Enhanced Hammer

3 Crushing Hammer

2 Heavy Ball

1 Bicycle

Gyms

4 Virbank City Gym

Supporters

4 Colress

4 N

4 Skyla

4 Shadow Triad

2 Ghetsis

Quad Snorlax. Try this one out. You may have better draws:

Pokemon: 4

4 Snorlax PS

Trainers: 56

4 Skyla

4 Ghetsis

4 Cheren

4 Shadow Triad

3 N

2 Team Plasma Grunt

4 Recycle

4 Pokemon Catcher

4 Hypnotoxic Laser

4 Virbank City Gym

4 Crushing Hammer

2 Enhanced Hammer

2 Revive

4 Max Potion

1 Dowsing Machine

3 Team Plasma Ball

2 Switch

1 Tool Scrapper

This deck list gives you a better draw and the Max Potion let's your Snorlax live much longer.

I was tinkering with this idea before. I think this deck could use Rescue Scarfs. You only have 4 pokemon in the deck. it would be nice for the Snorlax to go straight back to your hand when it knocks out.

Also while it allows you to get catchered away. You might try Umbreons. It would give you more pokemon to start with and make snorlax more bulky and allow for max power teampact. Like 4 Umbreons and 2 Snorlax with Giant capes for 230 hp Snorlaxs with Max Teampact and with one backup snorlax.

Or instead you could try Rocky Helmets and Rock Guard to make them not want to take a swing at you. Just save rock guard until they use Tool Scrapper.

Pokemon

4 Snorlax (Plasma)

4 Revive

4 Team Plasma Ball

4 Pokemon Catcher

4 Switch

4 Hypnotoxic Laser

3 Enhanced Hammer

3 Crushing Hammer

2 Heavy Ball

1 Bicycle

Gyms

4 Virbank City Gym

Supporters

4 Colress

4 N

4 Skyla

4 Shadow Triad

2 Ghetsis

Theres only 55 Cards in this deck. So:

-2 Switch

-1 Enhanced Hammer

-2 Heavy Ball

-1 Bicycle

-1 Virbank

-2 Colress

+2 Float Stones

+4 Recycle

+1 Crushing Hammer

+4 Max Potions

+2 Juniper or Cheren

+1 Ace Spec Rock Guard

• You don't need Heavy Balls in this deck. Four Plasma Balls are good enough.
  • Bicycle is almost completely useless in this deck. You will find out that your hand count is on average 5+. You don't use alot of cards to get this deck going.
  • Four Virbanks is overkill IMO. Three is plenty. Even with Tropical Beach out, I still don't see alot people running more than 2. And other people run Virbank more than any other stadium card.
  • I think running 4 Colress as a means of support is a bad idea. You will be mainly depending on your opponent to fill their bench up. While running two is fine, four may be a bit to much. I suggest 2 Junipers or Cheren. And truth be told, I'm not that high on Cheren but I put it as an option since you don't want to use Juniper. If you want to run this deck as an Unlimited, you can take all 4 Colress out and replace them with Professor Oaks New Theory.
  • You will NEED Recycles in this deck. You will find yourself running out Lasers really fast after you take the first 2 or 3 prizes. By this time you opponent will have everything set up and it's important that you have a continuous way to retrieve your Lasers. Recycle can also be an Escape Rope in a tense situation.
  • Now what I think is the biggest X-Factor in this deck is Max Potion a.k.a "If I had a few more turns...".
  • And now the Ace in the hole.....Rock Guard. Look at it this way Snorlax's Block Ability, Virbank Gym, Hypno Laser, Max Potion, and Rock Guard. They can't retreat, they need to attack, Virbank is in play and they're poisoned but they're not sure if attacking is a good idea due to...Rock Guard. That's one sticky situation. I also know first hand how frustrating it can be. It's why I run it in my Snorlock deck. And if they were to knock out your Snorlax or Tool Scrap away your Rock Guard...you just use a Recycle....

Good luck and have fun!

Archived