Pokemon TCGO Mac Problems & How to correct them

Andarrius

Hello

Im currently using a iMac Version 10.8.4 and i have bumped into many problems with the Refresher and game making it impossible to play at all. Here are some of the problems i have encountered since i first downloaded the game and some possible ways other mac users can do to fix the problems they encounter

1. Power Failure

The Last time you opened Pokemon Trading Card Game Online it unexpectedly closed and you are given a option of reopening it or not but for some reason the option closes and becomes stuck trying to reopen your last session. Even downloading the game again and deleting it from the trash does not correct the problem because it seems like your mac remembers the game.

Fixing: There are two ways you can fix this problem if one does not work. The first way is shift-Double clicking the PTCGO program. The second way is to make a Guest Account and playing it on there.

2. Frozen Refresher/Update Problems

After you launch the game and proceed to the Refresher the download stops around the end of the unpacking phase which should only be around 7 minutes. If you find yourself stuck on the unpacking phase for more than 30 mins or a frozen download its most likely that the problem wont correct itself.

Fixing: There is no known way to get the program to download on your computer because its most likely a problem with the refresher but you can reinstall the game again which should have the recent update. Make sure to delete it from the trash can along with the Refresher.

3. Unresponsive Login Screen

When you open your game and the login screen fails to open leaving you with only a background. This mostly happens when a new update is launched and can lead up to problem 2 if the refresher decides to become unresponsive.

Fixing: You can fix this problem the same way as number 2 or 1 by deleting the game from the trash can and hope that the update is installed to the new game.

If you encounter anymore problems with a mac be patient because it can be really frustrating and depressing when you encounter these types of problems with no solution. Leave a comment and i will try my best to help you i will also be updating this in the future as i encounter more problems.

Additional Mac Info

20-inch, Early 2009

Processor 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Startup Disk Macintosh HD

Software OS X 10.8.4

Credit where it is due: great work putting together this nifty little fix guide :)

I am sure it will help a lot of people!

my game crashes when i try to open it never even get to log in screen

uninstall and reinstall dont work NOTHING WORKS

Archived