A "Who's Online" Feature Will Be Good

Calvin-Cool

I have joined many social networking sights and I am an editor. And in many of the sites I have seen a "Who's Online" feature. Which allows you to see a player who is online in the forums and what the player is doing, like which thread he is viewing or whatever he is doing and this "Who's Online" feature allows you to add people via the forums and which allows Private Messaging in the forums. I don't want much of that, just want to see when players are online and add them maybe. And start Messaging. And another feature which shows our profile, preferences and talk would be great too. This will take the forums to a new level. If that happens it will be great. It will make discussion threads more active and maybe make the role play section more active. And many people don't log into the client, they only come to the forums, and we can meet them ;)

Makes sense, it would be nice to see who's currently online, maybe even have a system that logs our total posts by our names? Or a reputation system? Profile, YES (maybe introduce this with the forum ********. However I'm not sure that an instant message system is appropriate on here (especially with the censoring), and the "SanityJames is viewing ??????" is not really important.

Although I understand that this is a bit further down the line as the forums are a support for the Beta. If the forums are made much more better equipped with these features, then people will feel more encouraged to login regularly and put forward their suggestions, bug reports, and even make random conversation on here.

<EDIT> Censor, i'm pretty sure that word was along the lines of Revamp, Update or Overhaul, this really needs looking at.

Hi Calvin-Cool,

Great suggestion! I will be escalating this to the proper department for review. This thread will remain open for discussion.

As always, we appreciate your input!

Archived